Bilateral MX with immediate expander s

Has anybody got any last minute advice or tips as I am having bilateral MX with immediate Becker expanders next week. Anything that people found useful ?

Anybody know how long they tell you not to drive ?

Wendy

Bump to get noticed

Hi Wendy

I had mx and immediate LD flap recon but only on my right side. I wasn’t allowed to drive for about 4 weeks. Good luck xx

Hi Wendy

I had mx and immediate LD flap recon but only on my right side. I wasn’t allowed to drive for about 4 weeks. Good luck xx

I could not drive for 3 weeks, and it was not because of the pain med as I stopped after 3 days because they were making me sick.Your arms will hurt, if any lymph nodes are removed.
if your surgen has not told you yet, make sure that the same night after the surgery you are lifting your arms to Your Shoulder side. it will hurt, but I did exactly as I was told as many times as I could and regained my arm movement very soon afterwards.
You should not was under the arm water very warm water. My Dr. Did not tell me that until 10 days later when it was the follow up. the pain Down your arms all the way to the forearms will remind you NOT to do that again.
make sure you have all the things you need no higher than you eye level. do NOT lift something that is more than 3-4pounds as you will feel a burning, stinging pain under your arm. hopefully you will learn quicker than I did. because the pain is not instant, but around 1/2 hr. later.
if you have children, make sure someone is there to care for them. You will need to sleep and rest without anyone needing you.
Make sure above all that you like your plastic surgeon, as you will be seeing A LOT of him/her. I was very surprise about that.
you might want to do immediate reconstruction. Don’t worry, unfortunately is NOT so immediate. What it means, is thatyou are saving time and another Surgery. Once the breasts are removed, right there they put the expanders. After you heal and drains are removed (they are VERY uncomfortable and towards the end for me, very painful). Then the plastic Surgen will start putting saline until you reac the desired size. (does NOT hurt. I was surprise about that).
Good luck to you