71175members
373961posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bilateral Mastectomy with Immediate DIEP Flap Reconstruction - recommendations please

3 REPLIES 3
La-La

Re: Bilateral Mastectomy with Immediate DIEP Flap Reconstruction - recommendations please

Ooh typos! My thumb is not working well today!
It's Mr Jallili at Charing Cross!
La-La

Re: Bilateral Mastectomy with Immediate DIEP Flap Reconstruction - recommendations please

Thanks, Jillybee
I have found a surgeon now, Mr Jallli at Chating Cross hospital. His team did one of my new Boob Buddies (she happily showed me the results... fabulous!!)
Seeing him tonight so wait and see if I can have all at once.
This guy has done over 200 DIEP flap recons so I am optimistic 🙂
jillybee

Where I live,East Anglia,the surgeon works with the PS,they remove the cancer,and the PS performs the DIEP.You could opt for mastectomy and a delayed DIEP... I had to travel for the DIEP as well,not 150 miles though,but still an hour and half away.

i have found that something will make your mind up for you.Speak to your BCN as well...I hope it all works out for you.....😉

La-La

Bilateral Mastectomy with Immediate DIEP Flap Reconstruction - recommendations please

HI

I am trying to find a good reconstructive plastic surgeon in the South of England (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey or London) who is happy to carry out a bilateral DIEP flap reconstruction at the same time as my impending bilateral mastectomy.

My breast consultant can only do the LD Flap, and the Plastic Surgeon he wants to refer me to is based about 150 miles from me (!), and my consultant does not think he will be happy to do the recon at the same time as the mastectomy! Yet I read on many websites that this is common. (Have been in touch with a couple of ladies on here who have had this done, but live t'other side of the country to me 😞

Can anyone share their experience of this and give me some honest advice, and maybe recommendations re surgeons? (Maybe PM me if not allowed to post in forum?)

My consultant has really frustrated me today. Imperious and condescending. His way or the highway, even though apparently 80-90% of us are now having immediate recon with the mastectomy! (think I have one that just hasn't done it before and is a bit nervouse... big old operation! Probably 10 hours for bilateral so not without risk)

I just want objective advice.