Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bilateral mastectomy 21/10/2014

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Bilateral mastectomy 21/10/2014

Thanks hunny. Take care of yourself. Love C x

Aww bless you, i will pray it will be kind to you the chemo. Im on Letrozole 2.5mg as mine was hormones that made mine grow fast, so i escaped the chemo as i got both breast removed. Good luck hun eat well now before you start your chemo Xxxx

Very impressed! it's great that you've got your sister for support. I am also feeling much better now and getting out and about and keeping up with the exercises. I had appointment with oncologist yesterday and will be starting chemo on 2nd December. I'm feeling a bit scared to say the least....wish me luck!

Love C x

I will now mega shock you loool. I did 5 hours walk outside on monday my sister came with me to my doctors to get my prescription then we went to town, it wasn't until we got back home that we realised we was out that long, it did help wearing my fake boobs looool bit ive stayed at home yesterday and will be staying home today to rest, i still have the fluid though and continuing my upper body excersizes Smiley Happy praying you are healing well xxx

wow! good for you for having a walk. You must feel better just getting outside Amina. I'm sorry to hear seroma still hanging around & really hope it goes away very soon. Keep on doing the excercises as I'm sure they help. How are you feeling on Letrozole? I have been told that I need hormone treatment for the next 5 years too & possibly chemo but will more tomorrow. Be gentle with yourself.

Love & Hugs C x.

Aww bless you, ive been blessed im on Letrozole 2.5mg for the next 5 years, my fluid is still their but now getting about a bit more. I have been out for long walks today was hard as my sister forgot and we ended up walking around for 5 hours im now tired loool got my feet up now with a cup of tea but my chest is burning and feels tight. I wont be doing that again in a hurry lool. Praying all goes well for you hun. Love and hugs to you xxxx Amina

Hi Amina,

I hope your feeling better. Just thought I would post to say I've noticed my swelling has really reduced in the last couple of days and it's such a relief.  Feeling much more positive, even thinking about how and when I can get back to work. I can hardly believe it's been 5 weeks since I was diagnosed ... it's all been such a blur ... diagnosed on the Wednesday then surgery the following Monday. I think I've been in a state of shock until now. Seeing oncologist tomorrow re further treatment. Fingers crossed no chemo but if I'm honest I think it's iinevitable as I've been here before.

Love C x.

Thank you, i am resting and sitting down doing my excersizes hoping to get rid of the fluid. I did finally take a look at myself i have a bulb like lump under each arm i think that was because i was do big at 44G before my op lol its just me being impatient i think lol gentle hugs for you and love xxxx

Hi Amina, I had surgery the day before you so sounds like you and I are in a similar place although mine was a single mastectomy. I know what you mean about the burning sensation and for me it's when I get up and the liquid swishes back into place. I spoke to my BCN again today about having the fluid drawn away but she asked me to hang in there as the fluid is a high protein liquid and is helping the wound to heal. So guess will just have to learn to love the seroma and hope it goes away soon. I wish the same for you Amina. Put your feet up, rest:smileyhappy and look after yourself.

Love C x.

Thank you i am moving a lot more to try and get rid of the fluid, i think ive over done it today as my chest is burning 😬 i had my operation on 21/10/2014 so i suppose its still early days for me. God bless you C xx

Hi Amina,

Sorry your suffering in this way and you have my sympathy. The fluid build up is horrible isn't it and I'm not sure when it will go away......but it will... I guess we are all different. I had my op 3 weeks ago and the fluid is starting to disperse but I still have plenty in there. I am resisiting the urge to ask my BCN to draw the fluid off as she advised me that I will heal better if my body can absorb the fluid and of course there is less risk of infection if left weel alone. I think the exercise 3x a day and a bit of walking (and advise from the lovely people on here) have really helped me. Hope the same for you.

I found speaking to my BCN very resassuring as I needed to know that everything was ok. I really hope you feel better soon. Be kind to yourself.

Love C x

Hello Amina

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

best wishes

June, moderator

Highlighted

Bilateral mastectomy 21/10/2014

Any advice on how to get rid of the fluid build up, i am doing my excersizes but find that my scars where they removed my breasts start to burn and it feels like ive got a tight elastic band around my chest, does anyone know when these feelings will go after the operation its so frustrating. Many Thanks for reading xx