cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bilateral mx without reconstruction

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Bilateral mx without reconstruction

Left mxt only; not planning on any recon. If I was 20 I might feel differently ! Early days - had surgery last Wednesday but I feel going flat in baggy tops will be fine and I will use prosthetics for posh events .
Highlighted

Annie, have you had bilateral without recon?
Highlighted

Me too
Annie
Highlighted

Have sent a joining request Gilly x
Highlighted

Thanks Gilly, ŵill do xx
Highlighted

Come and join us on the Flat n Fab page xx
Highlighted

I have started a group for ladies who have had either single or double mx and are living without recon. I personally chose to have my good boob removed for symmetry and never wanted to have recon. There is lots of support and chat, clothing ideas etc. Please feel free to come and join us. Here is a link to our facebook page xx

https://www.facebook.com/groups/flatnfab/

Brilliant thank you. Will look up that fb group now !!!
Highlighted

Hi

I have had double mx & have chosen to live breast free. Personally I didn't want further surgery & actually find it quite liberating. I have adjusted my wardrobe and sometimes wear false boobs, but mainly go flat. There is a private Facebook group called Flat & Fab ( UK) which is a great resource plus the BCC Someone like Me service can put you in touch with someone similar to talk too.

S x

Highlighted

Hi Sam
Yes please do PM me I am not sure how to do that yet! I will PM details etc once I suss out how to do it.

Wendy x
Highlighted

Hi Wendy
That's so helpful to know!! At the moment I am thinking of no recon.. Where did you have your surgery and are you hormone positive or negative. Would you mind if I pm'd you? U.S. Hodgkin's ladies who now have BC are few and far between to get hold of. Although I do believe that they are now thinking around 50-60% of us either have or will develop BC. Would be good to chat and swap stories on our treatment

Sam xx
Highlighted

Hi Brewster.

Me again, another Hodgkins surivor. I had my bilateral masectomy 9 weeks ago, with immediate reconstruction, strattice and silicone implant method. Like you previously radiated skin to mantle field. My surgeon and I discussed the risk of my radiated skin and said that as I had good quality skin and it had been 29 years since radiation she believed it would be ok. I had to go quite a bit smaller than my natural breasts as couldn't risk stretching skin too much. I am having to get used to being pear shape after being an hour glass, so looks like a shopping trip is on the cards!
I am pleased with my new breasts and I haven't had any real problems other than the normal expected recovery. I was on anti biotics for about a month after op as preventative measure, and steri strips were on for 6 weeks. My boobs are very hard still and I have only just started to be able to sleep in my normal position.
I am sure I made the right decision for me and I personally didn't like the idea of waking up flat. I am just waiting now for nipple reconstruction but have recently received some silicone ones to use meanwhile they look good although feel very plastic.
Good luck with your decisions.
Wendy
Highlighted

I had bilateral mx no recon last Thursday. Never wanted any recon. Not sure I can give any further insight into life 'flat' but that's where I'm heading!!!
Highlighted

Bilateral mx without reconstruction

So have seen surgeon today and because of previous chest radiotherapy when I was younger he said there is a high ish risk of implants breaking down as blood supply to area won't be good. So a 40% risk of having to have them removed and wounds not healing etc. so am wondering now whether to just go for the bilateral mx au naturel without any recon. Any ladies out there who have chosen this option and are ok with it and could advised??

Thanks xx