Biopsies next

It is begining to slowly dawn on me that my situation is looking grim. I had my first scan on the 1st April, and they still do not have a definative answer. I am having a bone and lung biopsy on the 16th. I am finding it hard to find information about the bone scan. The hospital sent a leaflet about the lung scan, but all they said about the bone biopsy was it may hurt. I’m not a wimp, but after a horrendous bronchoscopy, I am now quite anxious about this. The area is in my pelvis. How can they possibly take a bone sample with a needle?  Not to mention the lung one. Both being done at same time by the radiologist in xray dept. Staying in overnight. Results on 28th, then hopefully treatment will start. Any advise would be appreciated.

So sorry to hear that you are still waiting for definite answers, I think we all know at least a bit what that’s like but maybe don’t understand your exact situation as it sounds very complicated. Just know we are here for you to help with support even if we don’t have the experience to give advice. I do know some ladies in the past have had bone biopsies but have no idea if they still use the forum. Maybe you can post on the bone mets thread and also the lung mets thread to see if anyone else has had a lung biopsy?
Good luck and hope you get your (good) answers soon.
Nicky x

Was right to be anxious. Just as I expected, bone one nasty, lung one unpleasant. In hospital overnight. Very stuffy, feeling miserable :frowning:

Thanks

Thanks