Biopsy fears

Hi all.

Went for my routine annual checkup (history of parental breast cancer and me with lumpy boobs) MRI this time instead on mammogram. Arrived for results tonight and got sent straight to ultrasound for biopsy of changed area and then markers inserted. Consultant not overly concerned but wants to be 100% sure all ok. I am not allowed to worry according to OH as it’s a waste of time and energy. Am I right to be a little bit angry with him ??

hi Rach,
Well, you both are right in a way!
OH is right in that worrying wont change anything, but no matter how straightforward these investigations are, its hard to escape the anxiety when in the middle of it, in fact it would be odd not to be.
Its good though that you consultant is being thorough though.
Be a little bit angry with him if you want to, you are entitled!!
ann x

Well Yes he is right but its really not helpful to hear is it! of course your going to worry , its impossible not too!!

The amount of times I heard be positive , keep strong, dont worry… made me want to rip peoples heads off!!

I know !!! I am trying to keep positive but inside, I just feel sick. It’s the not knowing that I hate, I feel completely out of control with it. I love him dearly but OH makes me feel like a hypochondriac. I feel completely pathetic. Xx