Biopsy of onmentum

due to have this next Tuesday I have needle phobia anyone had one of these what happens. Apparently I have to stay in overnight.

Gosh sorry, I don’t even know what an onmentum is!? I am sure someone will have had one though. sending love
Lorna x

I had no idea either never heard of it talk about a big learning curve with this disease. It’s a layer of fat which protect your organs. Have had all blood tests all good no other symptoms but something showed up on ct scan not visible on ultrasound hope it’s a smudge on ct camera. Trouble is I have to have a biopsy to find out and I hate needles, just want to start my chemo and get all this over with. Hugs to you

Been and had it today thought this is not too bad until they pulled the needles out. I survived it but now have another long wait for results. I did ask the radiologist what he thought but he said they needed to go to the lab but it was not a lump or a mass just soft tissue hence he did 5 biopsy so. Anyone throw any light on this.

we are off to Suffolk for a week this coming Friday yippee hubby has splashed out on a new well demonstrator car for us too. Trying to cheer us both up.

i have to say how lucky I feel not having young children being retired and have a husband. You ladies with young children and/or no partner and worrying about your jobs must be in a nightmare situation when battling this disease I really do admire you.

I think he said it was soft tissue so would have to take a few biopsies. I did get upset as I hate needles but the staff were great and I did only have to stay on the ward for four hours not overnight like my ‘friendly’ BCN said. I am still a bit sore especially when I cough or laugh but had plenty of laughter today I went to Howarth with a friend we had afternoon tea in a lovely old country house then of course a bit of retail therapy. I bought a lovely Italian knit jacket very  warm and a lovely red hat. Well I will be spending most of the winter in the frozen north having treatment rather than warmer climes so got to be prepared. Off to Suffolk tomorrow for a nice relaxing week well we hope so.

hope everyone has a good weekend with not too many side effects I have these to face soon when all the tests are done. Hugs Val

Hi val just reading your thread hope you are all ok after biopsys and enjoy your time away .i so you went to Haworth for afternoon tea lovely country side. I live about 10 miles from Haworth sometimes go for a Sunday afternoon drive . Take care Julie x

Hi Julie I live on the Yorkshire side of Haworth being treated in Calderdale and Huddersfield Leeds for rads if I ever get that far. I had my mastectomy 16 July and still not started chemo. They found something on ct scan after I got my program of treatment which I was not pleased about. Now playing the waiting came again until the oncologist gets back from holiday by the time I see her it’s will be 8 weeks since my op seems a life time.

enjoying our break in Suffolk but the weather is not very good at least it’s not raining so we can get out and about. Hubby walked the dog today so I went shopping in Southwold bought a winter dress ine sale very pleased with it. Got to keep treating yourself. X Val

That was a waste of time according to the nurse biopsies were so small they did not tell them anything what happens now? It’s 8 weeks since I had my mastectomy feel I am getting no where but then again had a phone call yesterday to say pICC line being fitted Tuesday seeing oncologist Thursday . Hope whatever they biopsied was not nasty. Playing the waiting game again.

we had a lovely week in Suffolk good weather too feel that all this BC thing is a dream as I feel so well at the moment. That will change I am sure.    Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi val glad you enjoyed your week away and indulged in some retail therapy . The waiting is the worst part . I was diagnosed end of April had WLE and SNB in May then had to have anouther operation to get a clear margin all done at Airdale hospital . I then got an infection cellulitis that delayed rads I have just finished Rads on Thursday . I had them at Preston my choice as airdale wanted to send me to Leeds , but I know preston as I grew up there , but apparently St James leeds is one of the best in the country . Hope all goes well next week with your appointments let us know how you get on take care Julie x

been to have my p.i.c.c. Fitted today it was not too bad but aches a bit tonight going to try the hot water bottle.I was given lorazepam  to help anxiety well they made me drunk I kelpt falling about. When I got home t bend down to receive the morning paper and I ended spread eagled on the floor. So I had now been sent to the loungeto relax. Tomorrow it’s bck to another hospital to have it dressed Thurysday oncologist Friday wig lady and headstrong if theycan fit me in. What a week. Next week might me more exiting I might be starting chemo what a joy