Biopsy result not what I expected

Hi,

I’m new to the forum and looking for some help and advice as I’m feeling very worried since my biopsy results yesterday. I’m 26 and have had fibroadenomas diagnosed by ultrasound and biopsy in the past (I had 4 in total) but found a new lump a few weeks ago. It doesn’t feel suspicious to me (I’m a fourth year medical student) and all of the clinicians I saw made very reassuring noises both at the GP and at the breast clinic last week. However I had an appointment yesterday (on the phone as they were so sure it would be a fibroadenoma again!!) and they told me that it is not a fibroadenoma and it showed some other changes. Apparently they discussed the results as a team and decided it was best for me to come back for another biopsy tomorrow and that they will try to remove the whole thing.

I am due to have an elite biopsy tomorrow which I believe is somewhere between a vacuum assisted and core biopsy. Has anyone had one before? I’m wondering how it will be especially as my boob is still black and blue from the previous biopsy!!

I am also wondering what have been other people’s experiences in similar situations. So if there’s anyone out there whose had a similar thing happen I’d love to hear from you and find out how you coped so I can get some tips!!

Thank you!
Cx

Hi Cherrydrop and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the shared experiences and support you will find here please feel free to call our helpliners. They are on hand with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday

Take care
Lucy BCC