Biopsy result

Hi
I found a lump in my left breast in Nov 08 after a couple of weeks of prodding and poking it, I went to the docs at beginning of Dec. She was unsure of it so referred me to the clinic, because of my age (35) she said it would be at least a 4 wk wait.
I still hadn’t heard anything by 29th Dec so I phoned my surgery to be told that the Dr had forgot to refer me and they would do it straight away.I then received an app for the clinic for 29th Jan (another 4 wk wait)
While waiting for the app the lump disappeared, but I still had some pain so I kept the app.The consultant couldn’t find any lumps(he said it had probably been a cyst) but he found a thickening that he thought was nothing to worry about, but I would need a mammogram to confirm.
After another 4 wk wait I finally had mammogram yesterday (26th Feb).
They found a mass on the x ray so I had to have a scan, which showed a black mass deep in my left breast which was smooth one side and irregular the other. So they done a core biopsy.
I now have to wait for the results, next wed I think (waiting for phone call to confirm).
I came away from the hospital yesterday in complete shock as I had convinced my self that there was nothing to worry about, as the lump I originally felt had gone.I can’t concentrate on anything, just keep getting these awful dark thoughts.It doesn’t help that my Dad has just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.
Anyway hope this makes sense and sorry to ramble on.

Jo

Hi Jo this waiting period is the worst of all.You just feel in limbo and cant concentrate on anything else.At your age there is a good chance it wont ge cancer but even if it is you will feel better once you get started on treatment.My daghter will be 35 this year[another Jo] and it seems very young to me.I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and hoping all is well.
Love Valx

Thanks Val
I had a call this afternoon from hospital and have to go in on Tues now for results, so one day less of waiting.
Just got to keep myself busy over the weekend and try to stay positive.
Jo x

Hi Jo - I’m sorry you’ve had all this worry and waiting and you’re right Val the waiting is horrible…too much time to think…keep us posted and we’ll cross everything for you and send positive vibes your way…mary x

Thanks Mary
My app has been brought forward to tues now, so one day less to wait.
I’ll let you know how I get on.

Jo x

Hi Jo
I just read your post, Im 37 and have just had my breast clinic appointment where the lump I found had gone ( I almost cancelled my appointment but then thought no best be safe) but then the consultant could feel a thickning and the skin in that area looks a little dimpled. I have a mamogram and scan booked for next week so at the moment Im swinging between the thoughts Im sure its fine to oh my god what if its not. My biggest worry is I notice the change in the skin about 5 months ago and didnt do anything at the time and also I am so tired and have been for quite some time. Trying to be possitive but its not easy!!

Hi jo and everyone my mum has just found out she got bc and going in to hospital april 6th for left breast off i cant understand how long you have been waiting thats disgusting.In a matter of three weeks my mum have had mammo and biopsy results now had letter to go in.That matter of time was bad enough for me to cope with waiting as im worried sick,for my mum but im with her more than ever and i cant support her anymore than i have i wont leave her side perhaps im getting on her nerves im so protective. Hope its good news jo after all that waiting Donna xx