Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biopsy results

21 REPLIES 21
poemsgalore

Re: Biopsy results

Hi Britbox

I think you mean grade 1, not stage. The stage of a cancer is worked out after surgery.  Here is a link to an explanation of grades and stage from the Macmillan site:

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Cancertypes/Breast/Symptomsdiagnosis/Stagingandgrading...

Grade 1 is good as it is the slowest growing.  I too had ductal invasive, 3cm, grade 3, stage 2b, three lymph nodes removed, one with cancer cells  in it.  Even though I had grade 3 with nodes affected, I was told I didn't have to have chemo if I didn't want it. But I did have it. Found out at cycle 5 I had vascular invasion too!! Fingers crossed that you can forego the chemo. But if you do need it, it isn't anywhere near as bad as you probably expect it to be. 

Good luck

Poemsgalore xx

Jan53

Good luck today Britbox, I'll be thinking of you. Let me know what happens x♥x♥
Jan53

Hi poemsgalore my consultatant said mine is 1.8cm grade 2 non aggressive.
Britbox

Been thinking about you today Jan. So pleased you feel more positive. it's such a relief when you come out of that consulting room, can breathe fresh air and gather your thoughts isn't it 🙂
I think we are probably going through all this at the same time. Mine is a 2cm Invasive Ductal carcinoma. They've staged it at 1 , but I have to have lymph nodes removed as its started to invade the breast tissue.
I'm due to see my surgeon at the hospital of my choice tomorrow, but provided no trace of cancer cells are found in my nodes, I think I will be undergoing the same course as you, lumpectomy, radiotherapy, and tamoxifen.
I still have down days, and will be glad when the treatment starts..I just want rid of this vile little squatter Clive.
Now you have a squatter too, I think it's only right you give him an identity, a name you think fit..We can then go kick the little devils into oblivion together!
take care, and stay strong..We can do this! Xxx
poemsgalore

Yes Jan, you can be chuffed. I hope things go the way you hope.  One thing though, it's not the size that determines whether your tumour is aggressive or not, it's the grade. But obviously the size will effect which surgery you have. Mine was only 3cm, but grade 3 - aggressive. So hoping you can have a lumpectomy, rads and tablets. Good luck

poemsgalore xx

Jan53

Well it's better news than I thought. I've a grade 2 non aggressive tumor, which means it's small and he's hoping I can have alumpectomy. But I'll have an mri to make sure there isn't any residual small little bits. If there is I'll have a mastectomy, but that's the worst case scenario. I'll probably have radiotherapy and tablets. I'm well chuffed if you can be chuffed having cancer ♥♥♥♥

Jan53

LMAO!!!!!!! xxxx
Britbox

Do what I did..Treble up on the Tena's!! Xx! 😉
Jan53

I'm so glad I met you Britbox, you are so funny. I'll try not to wet myself, & if I do I'll have my tena lady on 🙂
Britbox

You'll be fine..Believe me, on Monday I was like a quivering jelly, threatening to throw up everywhere, and doing the whole dying swan act before we went for the appointment. Worse, when I got there, they were running an hour late.
I sat in the waiting room fearful that I was gonna wet my self with fear, sweating so much, I had a sweat moustache I had to keep wiping away, and I thought any minute I'm show my old man up and pass out on the floor! The waiting about is worse than knowing.
They have to see you in person to discuss everything fully with you, and it may be good news yet, so keep positive. 🙂
Remember, there is nothing to fear, except fear itself...Oh, and try not to wet yourself!!! 🙂 ( (( hugs)))) Will be thinking of you. Xx
Jan53

LOL!!!!! You're certainly cheering me up. The phone rang not long ago, consultants Secretary with app for tomorrow. Not sure if that's good or bad! Really scared now!
Britbox

Buy the boots! You must, it's the law 🙂 Thats what I thought. Be sensible and buy the black ones...No, I won't , I' ll have what I want, and be totally outrageous, and go to all my appointments in my fabulous pink boots, and sparkly jewellery, coz that's what cheers me up, anything pink or glittery and I'm happy..I've decided if I want to be outrageous, wear inappropriate stuff, or dance on the table, then I will, and won't give a damn about what anyone else thinks! 🙂
I'm sure you'll make that trip to Amsterdam in January. It's fabulous you have something to look forward to. I hope that I can get back to Mexico after all this is over My little bit of parsdise, and the one place on earth I feel totally happy. As a bonus, all the Mexicans are really small, so I fit in really well at 4'10'..I have been told I am ' a very tall lady' out there! 😉 ( as well as madam vino blanco!!) LOL As for the rock concert, don't worry, I'm sure you'll be up dancing, clapping, and singing just as much as I would be, and you'll forget that your boob is sore.. Who are you going to see? I suppose you could always resort to wearing one of those 'warning' stickers on the effected boob, you know one of those with the big red exclamation mark on..I've considered doing that myself lately, coz Im still sore, but I just glare at people if they come near me in the street, or in shops etc.. Being given a dirty look seems enough to make most people keep their distance! 😄
Always here if you need to chat, and good luck Xx
Jan53

Consultants secretary's just rang, I've to go and see him 11.30 tomorrow. Now I'm dreading it!
Jan53

You had me laughing there about the dancing and singing.  We are at a rock concert on Friday night,  I'm just afraid I get my boob knocked as it's still sore from the biopsies 😞 it's great to go shopping, I bought all new pyjamas and slippers.  We are supposed to go to Amsterdam in Jan for hubbies birthday.  Want some new boots but I'm scared to buy any. 

Britbox

The wait is vile I know Jan. I waited 11 days for mine. I know the horrible limbo you are in, and it's not nice. I'm sure as soon as they have them They'll ring., the staff at the clinic understand the stress of playing the waiting game, and will want to let you know as soon as possible.
Try to take your mind off it all doing things you enjoy. I went out shopping on Saturday for boring stuff like winter woollies and P.J's..I came back with a pair of fabulous pink boots. Totally impractical , but I wanted them and they cheered my up no end! 😉 Also behaved digracefully, and knocked back a whole bottle of very nice Chardonnay..Ended up with a sore throat from singing, and aching legs fom dancing round the living room like a very small, demented version of Tina Turner! bad behaviour I know, but it got me through a very stressful weekend. I just feel like its a time to be a little bit selfish, and do exactly what you want. spoil and indulge yourself. . Hoping for the best .
Thinking of you. Let know when you do. Xxx
Jan53

I rang them yesterday to be told they weren't back yet. I'm scared to think no news is good news! !
Britbox

Well Jan, they say no news is good news, so that's what I'm hoping and praying for you. Have you tried phoning them? The waiting is the worst thing. Stay strong! Xx
Jan53

Hi Britbox, nothing yet I'm afraid xx
Britbox

Hi Jan...Hoping you've had your results by now, and your mind is put at rest. Thinking of you, and sending healing, good vibes and hugs. Xxx
Jan53

Sailed_penguin I live in Northumberland. The nearest I could find was a good 45 min drive away on a busy road, so that's a no no for me.
Guest user
Not applicable

Jan53,where abouts do you live?. Yes our drop in cancer centre is really good,its run by entirelly voulenteers,this group has a voulenteer called Polly (one of founders of the group) she has just received the British Empire Medal (BEM)this medal is equal to the MBE for an individual,the center also received the queens award for voluntary service. They make you feel so welcome.i had my biopsiess back last october. Please message again if you have any questions
Jan53

Biopsy results

It's agony sitting waiting. I was told I'd get a phone call last night or today with my test results. Is it the longer I wait the better the news or the longer the wait the worse the news will be. Should I ring them?