Biopsy results

Could I please start by sending love and best wished to all of you dealing with treatment and recent diagnosis.

I attended an appointment at the Emergency Breast Cancer clinic last Monday, fully expecting to be told there was notheing to worry about and was therefore surprised after having a mammogram, to walk into the untrasound room and see a picture showing a very clear black lump.
A biopsy was taken and then I was told by the consultant that he couldn’t examine me due to the dressing but to try not to worry and he would see me on the 5th Jan for the results (prolonged wait due to The Christmas holidays).
A week later and I have pain in the breast that wasn’t there before and severe itching.
I don’t have time to worry too much as I am kept extremely busy with my sports mad boys (I wouldn’t have it any other way)! However, due to the extended wait over Christmas, I sometimes wake up in the night and overthink things.

I was wondering if anyone else has had pain following a biopsy that wasn’t there before and if this would indicate a cyst or infection as opposed to BC??

Debby

Hi debby,

So sorry you have had to join us. I too had pain after biopsy, that was not there before. Its caused by all the prodding and poking I think. So try not to worry too much until results come in. Easier said than done, I know.

Good luck
jane

Thanks for your reply Jane.
I hope your result was what you were hoping for

Debby xx

Hi Debby

Am afraid not, my results confirmed bc but that doesn’t mean yours will. All cases are differant and if it is, then there are lots of wonderful women on this web site who will be willing to listen and help with questions if they can. I have found them marvoulouse since my dx 2wks ago

take care

jane

Hi Debby

The waiting is the worst part! I had a biopsy in May and was black and blue afterwards with stabbing pains. As I’m sure you’ve heard, 90% of lumps are benign but I think we know our own bodies and deep down know if it is BC. I know my diagnosis didn’t come as a surprise, even though my family kept telling me ‘it’ll be nothing’. The treatment since then has flown in a whirlwind of hospital appointments and treatments. Try not to let your mind run away with you. It may be nothing, but if it is (and I really hope it isn’t) you will cope. All the ladies on here have been in your position and can relate to how you feel.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Mal

Thanks again Jane and thanks Mal.

Sorry to hear you both had BC diagnosed.

I am trying to block this out so have tried not to think about it too much over Christmas. I am quite good at blocking things out as I am determined not to ruin Christmas for the kids or anyone else.
I know that my husband is more concerned as he has been wonderful…cooking & washing up all over Christmas althoug I have assured him that I am fine!!
I have only told my best friend and husband who came to the hospital with me…I couldn’t see the point of everyone worrying but I have to say, now things are quieter after Christmas, I just can’t wait to get the appointment out of the way…I know the odds are in my favour so fingers crossed.
Just wondered why it would be hurting now when it wasn’t before though I understand Janes explanation.

Just to let you know, I am thinking of you both.

Thanks once again

Love

Debby