1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biopsy yesterday, waiting result & told very likely

Bernie610

Re: Biopsy yesterday, waiting result & told very likely

Hi Hannah I had a call today from the BC nurse today she decided not to tell me the results over the phone saying I would have a lot of question and she would prefer to do it face to face....,so I'm going at 9am tomorrow. It obviously is not good news. I have sort of devised a plan with work and God knows what my colleagues must be thinking. I'm going to some meetings and appointments and working from home this week. I can't face going into my office I don't know why but I feel once I know what's going on I will be able to. They are picking up the rest of my work and and emergencies. I have the consultant appointment on Thursday too so I'm having the day off then. I feel for you too it's a terrible wait. I'm going to have to sit down with my daughter this week it seems and tell her. I have no idea how. Your mum must feel really worried you are her little girl for ever. I lost my mum sadly. Let me know how you get on please, keep talking to me and we will be strong together. I think you have done the right thing about work we have to put ourselves first. I need to adopt that stance I might even have next week off sick and do something impulsive and nice. xxx
hannah203

Hi Bernie
I am also waiting for results its so comforting to hear other women are going on this rollercoaster ride too.... I told my mum who has managed to tell all the extended family and half the town too.... Bless her, its because she's worried... But my phone has never been so busy!!! Its hard reassuring everyone else that I'm ok. I've been honest with work as I too have a very stressful job. I've said I can't deal with work stress on top of waiting for these results. Now hearing it may be 10 days is worrying me..... They said a week, I was hoping for sooner. Jules you are right, I feel it will be a relief when I get my results no matter what they are.
Have you managed to get your results Bernie? Are you carrying on at work or have you taken the time?
Luckily my friends have been fab and making every effort to get me out of the house to stop worrying.
Hope you get some clarity soon. Xx
Jobey68

Hi Jules, I'm just starting out on this journey too and terrified of it all, compared to you all Im being a total baby about it and am finding functioning so hard, the trying to keep a cheery face on bit is exhausting but I feel Im constantly reassuring other people that I will be just fine when I really want to scream for someone to make this go away! My husband and a couple very close friends are the only ones who know my true feelings, everyone else thinks I'm coping well and will be strong and deal with it, I know I need to try and take it one day at a time and not let myself get carried away with what ifs but it's but finding the strength is going to take some doing, take care Kim x
jules_66

Forgot to say I'm having mastectomy on 1st April and once results are back from that will know if chemo and/or radiotherapy are needed too plus possible hormone treatment. So its more waiting but not finding this as hard as when I didn't know. Xx
jules_66

Hi ladies. I waited 13 days for results from initial mammo, ultrasound and core biopsies then had repeat biopsies on lump and wire test on calcification and a further 9 day wait before getting the results last Thursday. I agree that waiting was just the worst experience ever. I only told a couple of people so needed to be 'normal' to most which was so tough. Although the results have shown both lump and calcification are BC in some ways it was a relief to finally know for sure and I've been calm since, no tears at all,  even the Consultant said how calm I was!  I have some waves of private panic but determined to stay strong and positive especially for my family. The hardest thing for me is telling my 3 lovely girlies, 2 who are at  uni and one who is at home studying for AS levels, I know they will take it hard and really feel awful to do this to them. Tried to work out when best to tell them as they have exams and/or away so telling the youngest on Wednesday evening and the other 2 on Friday, poor things. These forums have been my saving grace, no issue is too trivial and everyone sadly knows exactly how you feel. Sending positive vibes and hugs to you all xxxx

soi

I had a 10 day wait for mine. This is the worst part. I had good days and bad. Trying to be cheery at times is hard . Don't worry about having a meltdown. It helps to release some of the stress. I remember going for a fitting for my dress for my sons wedding and just couldn't smile. The lady knew the situation and she just squeezed my shoulder and it was enough for me to go into meltdown. Once you know it will be a bit easier. Says me who goes in tomorrow to get the pesky lump away and has been wakened since 4am LOL,but knowing it is just a small lump on my scar tissue from my previous mascectomy and no spread released some of the pressure. Hang in there Let us know xx

Fuffs123

Hi Betnie610

It was about 10 days before I got my results from the mammo, ultrasound and core biopsy. The nodes looked clear on the ultrasound and I had a lumpectomy and sentinel nodes removed for checking. They were clear. Waiting to see the oncologist now on Wednesday to discuss a treatment plan, probably rads and tamoxifen. The waiting is definitely the worse thing, as we'll all tell you and time drags so much. Take heart though, you'll get lots of support and help from the lovely ladies on here. We know exactly how you feel and I'm an expert in meltdowns at the silliest things! Your emotions are all over the place so don't feel badly about it if you have a bad day. Xx
Bernie610

Oh ok my appointment was Wednesday too but I had mammogram, ultrasound & biopsy. I'm new to all this so I'm not sure when you will know. Hopefully soon, the waiting is agonising I feel everything is out oft control and hate it ! Hope everything is ok for you.
H20

I went last weds. Only had an ultrasound though, so not sure what the doc will say, the sonographer said there's a dense area showing on the scan
Bernie610

How long have you been waiting?
Bernie610

No BC nurse said she would ring on Friday but they weren't back. She said it will probably be tomorrow
H20

Hi did you get any results yet? You said before they were going to phone you. Have they been in touch? I'm waiting too. I rang Friday to see how much longer it would be and they just said next week 😞
Bernie610

It's me again. Is there a timescale for operation after diagnosis and what other tests are done in the run up to the op? xxx
Bernie610

Oh that's wonderful news Soi!! So pleased for you. Enjoy that Baileys you deserve it and have a great weekend x
soi

Well I got my results today and was all clear for spread. Bubbled my head off. LOL.The relief was immense. So I am going in on Tues to get the lump off the scar tissue.. Right now a large Baileys and bed I am shattered. Hope you have a good a weekend as you can xx

Bernie610

Hello Soi and thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I will be thinking of you getting your results today and truly hope that the news is the best it can be xxx I worry about my family too. I have not told anyone but my sister who has berm through this and my OH. I am hoping I don't need to tell anyone else and worry them but sadly I don't think that will be the case. My daughter is due to start university this year and is right in the middle of her A levels I will hate telling her if I need to. Please don't worry or feel guilty about your son's wedding you have no control over this thing and your family know that but I understand how you feel. Take care and as I said I really hope the news is as good as it can be and if it feels right to do so please let us all know how you are x
Bernie610

That should say my sister was treated 10 years ago sorry!
Bernie610

Thank you Carmen and Kitt. I have spoken to the BC nurse now. She said she is hoping biopsy result will be back tomorrow and will ring me if it is she will also arrange to see me at the beginning of next week as well as my appointment on the Thursday with consultant. My was treated 10 years ago I have confided in her, she lives 300 miles away but told me the BC nurse will be wonderful support. I wish you both well and thank you for sharing your own experience and for your support x
soi

Hi Bernie
Sorry you had a rough time with your consultant. Hopefully everything will be ok for you regarding the nodes. As Kittkatt says if you need surgery they will check your nodes. Better safe than sorry.once you get the results and thing progress you will not feel so anxious .you are so caught up in things and it is amazing how you will get through it.

I get my results tomorrow after a ten day wait and it has been the worst 10 days of my life. This is a recurrence but I've had scans etc to see if it is anywhere else. I can'tt remember feeling so bad first time around.,but will just have to face what is thrown at me..It came at a bad time for me as my son gets married in eight weeks and feeling guilty it's taken some of the shine off their day. But hey ho one day at a time We all manage to get through it. Let us know how you get on. We are all here for you. We've all had good days and bad days.ive had days I look back on and laugh at some of the states I got myself in to .You will get through it
Take care. Soi xx

Kittkatt

Oh dear, Bernie! How different personalities affect our experience at this stressful time, eh?! Fingers crossed your biopsy will be clear and you won't need to see him again after next week but it is important that you have faith in and a relationship of trust with your surgeon so if you don't think this is achievable then ask to see someone else. Don't be too tough on him for not seeing you on your return to clinic - mammogram, ultrasound and biopsies probably took a while. Definitely not ideal but maybe he was due in theatre or at another clinic so maybe give him the benefit of the doubt...😇
Good news that nodes looked ok but if biopsy does result in you needing surgery, they will definitely do the sentinel node biopsy at the same time so they won't miss spread if it has happened.
It does all become more manageable once you know what you're dealing with but as far as work is concerned, do what's right for you - only you will know whether being there and keeping busy will help you or just add to your stress.
Hugs,
Kitt
X
Carmen42

Hi Bernie,

It sounds like you weren't treated very well by the consultant. It's a hard time when you have to wait for results, the not knowing whether its anything to worry about or what will happen next. I would advise phoning the breast care nurse, it always helped me to talk to mine.

In my case nothing was apparent in the lymph nodes from the ultrasound but during surgery (mastectomy) they also did a sentinel lymph node biopsy, where they removed three of the lymph nodes to test for cancerous cells... they were clear.

Please talk to people on here, we've all been in a similar situation.

Good luck with the waiting and the results, I hope everything is ok for you xx

Bernie610

Biopsy yesterday, waiting result & told very likely

Hello I'm so confused. Attended clinic yesterday had mammogram, ultrasound & core biopsy. Wasn't impressed with consultant who examined me and then without seeing mammogram flippantly tapped by breast and said "you will need treatment for that" I felt like I had done something wrong & then scared that it was all too late. Dr who carried out ultrasound & biopsy was lovely however. I have a benign cyst apparently & what was described as a 1.5 cm nodule that is very suspicious given the mammogram etc & my poor family history. The nice doctor said it is not big, nothing visible in lymph node & wouldn't need full mastectomy. The unhelpful consultant didn't even bother to see me again as I was told he would do I saw the clinic sister instead who told me it was very suspicious gave me an appointment for next Thursday telling me it is for biopsy result & treatment plan. Also gave me a number for BC nurse. I felt ok yesterday however today I feel absolutely terrible. I am due back at work tomorrow, what do I do? Do I go do I have some time off I'm so confused my job is very stressful but then I would feel terrible being off too. Everything just feels out of control. I'm confused too about the lymph nodes. If nothing was apparent there yesterday is it still possible it could be anywhere else still or not? Sorry for all the questions, would really appreciate any advise.