cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bisphosphonates - I need advice please

8 REPLIES 8
rubycat

Re: Bisphosphonates - I need advice please

Mary - thanks so much.  Back from Docs - who hadn't received notice from hospital! - but prepared to dole out Alendronic Acid due to my DEXA results.  So now have to wait another couple of weeks before I can change from anastrozole to exemestane.  Have been given the once weekly tablet, so now just plucking up the courage and deciding which day is best for the 1/2 hour sit/stand!  Glad I don't work anymore. Saw the dentist for a checkup recently and nothing needed, but did tell her I'd be taking the bisphos soon. Hope you stay well. Cat Tonguexxx

Anniej
Community Champion

Well done, Maryminder for  picking this up. Very interesting to hear about this. I will certainly file it for future reference. 

Rubycat, seems you've got an answer at last! X

maryminder

Hi Rubycat,

I had already read an article about Bisphosphonates and their benefits for some BC patients before my first appointment with my Oncologist and he said that as i was going onto Letrazole he would be prescribing Bisphos anyway to help protect against bone damage, will have to take one a day for three years which is the recommended time and dosage.

I had to let my dentist know about them as it impacts on dental treatment especially extractions.

Hope you get some answers soon

Mary x

rubycat

Ha, always thought I was unique Annie - but thanks again.  I've got a doc's appt tomorrow, but not with the doc I like to see as would have had to wait another 3 weeks and I'm too impatient!! Cat Happyxxx

Anniej
Community Champion

Rubycat, sorry, nothing known from community champs. Have you got anywhere? X

Anniej
Community Champion

Rubycat, I think you must be the first ! I think you should post on the nurses section. As its a Bank Holiday I don't know how quickly you'll get an answer, but I'm on the hunt around the forum for you. X

rubycat

Thanks Annie, v kind of you. Cat Happyxxx

Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Rubycat, what a muddle for you! Understandably cross after two years. I'm afraid I don't know much about your regime as I'm on Letrozole, but I wanted to acknowledge your post. I sure there will be some lovelies along shortly to give some support. Good luck getting some answers. X

rubycat

Bisphosphonates - I need advice please

Hello, have just had my 2nd dexa scan & osteopenia much worse & lost nearly 2" in height (even though I've been taking Adcal D3!), referred myself back to onc on my docs advice (but saw a very unknowledgeable BCN - who then had to troll off to an onc to ask them) who said I have to come off the anastrozole (yippee) and change to tamoxifen or exemestane and take bisphosphonates.  She gave me no other info about the bisphos and said to see my doc.  Can anyone help with what I need to talk to the doc about  - what is the difference between injections/pills?  Do I get any choice? Do I still take Adcal? Feel bit peed off at having 2 years on anastrazole when I already had osteopenia, and now have osteoarthritis. Still, mustn't grumble, oh well, just a bit.  Would welcome any thoughts from you lovely lot. Many thanks.Cat Very Happyxxx