Bit confused

Hi not really sure what to post just looking for some support really… I’m 40 amd just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Hey! Well I have news… Not the best but I’m determined to beat this. Tonight I found out I have breast cancer. It’s in my left breast and nodes. I have a cat scan booked to c how far it’s spread. I have to have 5 months of chemo then an op. its all very new and tbh I feel numb! I have a 4 year old and I’m a single parent, however daddy is still in my girlies life. Thanks in advance… Em ?

Oooosh copied a text I sent a friend hence repeating myself… Would love to hear from ppl going through this and who’ve beaten this!!! I also teach 5/6 year olds will I be able to work through the chemo???

Hi Emmajane I’ve replied to you on another thread, hope you see it, lots of hugs, Sarah xx

Which thread Sarah? Xx

R u feeling up n down??? One minute I feel I can fight the world then now as I’m tired I’m wiped out and feeling low… I gave supportive family n friends tho and a lovely little girl who I’m desperate to c grow up… ?

I read your comment xxxx stay strong lovely

Hi Em, yes that’s just how I feel. Was so happy to have the lump out, then worried about results. Devestated at 2 lymph nodes involved and needing more removed, euphoria when the next 21 were clear. Now starting with dread over chemo. I’m the same I absolutely have to be around to see my daughter grow up, get married, have children. It’s a terrifying fear that you won’t be, other days I feel sure I will. Lots of hugs xx

I’ve been told I have to have 5 months chemo before the lump is removed to shrink it n eliminate any other of that awful stuff that could be growing! The diagnosis was last nite and it’s all very new! Today I went in to work on my day off to tell my boss. I was very positive and strong, I’ve then had 3 lots of visitors my house is like a florists!! I do feel so loved but wiped out tonite n tbh weary of being positive. I didn’t sleep much last nite! I’m gonna have a bath n then early nite just snuggles with girlie first. It’s so great talking to ppl going through this thanks for replying xxxxxx we will get through this! We have to xxxxxx it’s in my nodes too ?

Have you heard about the cold cap?? I’m northern n hard so I’m gonna give it a go lol!!! I live in Leicestershire now tho and having my treatment here xxx focus on the positives… Getting married etc. Me n mum gonna go to the carribean when I get the all clear!!! ??

Hi Em! Have just posted in Newly Diagnosed… in reply to another lady who’s found herself here. Check out that thread too :slight_smile:
I started chemotherapy in January and decided against cold capping (I’m a southerner - can’t bare the cold although I’m living in Shropshire as north as I can cope with temperature wise :wink: ) But if you go on the chemotherapy monthly threads (Going through treatment) you will find fellow cold cappers! I’m from the Jan 2016 thread and I know Claire is cold capping there and Tina and Vicky (I think) are cold capping in the Dec 2015 thread. They will be more than happy to give you tips and support - as will we all for anything g you want to know :slight_smile:
Lots of love Kim xxx

Hi Em, you will be exhausted all the emotion and information is draining. I’m northern too, Yorkshire and hoping to cold cap. I had surgery first, mine was small, chemo to follow as a safeguard. Not looking forward to it. I’ve had some advice from the ladies Kim mentions, everyone on here is so helpful. Hope you sleep better tonight xx

Thanks so much xxxxx I’m now having a bath with lots of candles. Very relaxing. I feel so well and hard to believe this horrid thing is taking over my body. Well I won’t let it!! ?

I’m originally from Sheffield! I live in Leicestershire now. I wish they’d remove the lump now want it gone but I have to trust they know what’s best xxx ? 5 months seems an age away I keep worrying what if it spreads further… Why aren’t they taking it now??? Is it already that big… ?

Sounds very relaxing!! My friends sister had chemo before surgery, her lump was big compared to breast size so they shrunk it to avoid mastectomy. My lump only 18mm and I’m an F cup! So small in comparison. It’s hard to accept what they say, I’m a bit of a control freak myself! But yes they know such a lot these days about what they are doing. I’m from selby originally live not too far away, pop to Meadowhall with my 13 year old regularly!! We are about 40 mins from there. I’m having a glass of wine with hubby then bed. Hope you sleep better tonight xx

Sarah that’s making sense my boobs are small b cup and lump 2-4 cm told two different sizes lol!! They said about shrinking it and also stopping it in its tracks as I’m 40 n relatively young for this… Fingers crossed!! Yes I will sleep better chatting to u guys has helped like u will never know! Mum n dad fab n had loads of friends pop in too but it’s great to get first hand help and advice on here. Thanks xxxxxx

Ps I’m totally a control freak!!! ?

I was told the chemo would be a safety too, at 42 I’m young as well (that bit I like!!) so they blast us with everything. Looks like we may be going through chemo at similar times mine will start April. 6 sessions, 3 weeks apart. Then radiation which I guess you will have after surgery too. Did you say you teach? I’m secondary school. Going back next week for 4 weeks part time, then Florida in Easter hols, then chemo it seems. When do you get results? Xx

Yes I teach year 1! I have another biopsy n bloods Thursday then scan Friday hoping results ASAP want to get attacking this thing that’s trying to control my body… ??yes I think in a couple of weeks and like u 3 week intervals. Oooo Florida?! Me n mum going to carribean when I get the all clear ??

Caribbean sounds fab. We’ve had Florida booked ages, before all this so I’m so glad I can still go. I love teaching can’t wait to get back to do a bit next week!! Will keep everything crossed for good results. It’s so helpful to talk to others on here I find xx

Em which part of Leicestershire are you in? I’m originally from Barwell but now live in Peterborough although all my family are still in Barwell Hinckley or Desford. Xx