1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitten on shoulder of lymphodemia arm

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bitten on shoulder of lymphodemia arm

I have lymphoedema and decided to leave of my sleeve because of the heat and I got bitten so I used reppellent and cream and have kept covered since. I stil have a mark there but have covered with repellent since and continued to wear my compression sleeve and glove since during the day

Just been to chemist and it looks like a burn now really blisterd n she said looks infected so going to the nurse to pop it and antibiotics fingers crossed has anyone had a problem with z bite rozita x

Thanks I'm doing all that but it's blisterd up this morning so shall go to the chemist. Thanks rozita x

Hi I was bitten a few times on my ANC arm. They swelled up. The bcn and onc told me to take antihistamine, apply cream and keep the area clean. The bites went down after a few days and eased after a week. So what you're doing is fine. Keep an eye on them and go to the gp if you're really worried xx

I would check with your GP to be sure
good luck

Hi rozita

Whilst you wait for the others users to reply with their experiences can I suggest you give the helpline a call on 0808 800 6000. Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you support and practical infromation. The lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Bump

Bitten on shoulder of lymphodemia arm

Hi all any advice I was bitten yestoday in the garden a few times but I have got a bite on my shoulder of the arm I had auxiliary clearance and I have mild lymphodemia I have put bite cream and germoline on repeatedly but do I need antibiotics invade or just keep an I eye on it it's very itchy but I'm trying not to scratch it as I know the consequences can be awkward has others experienced this do they usually heal ok?? Or are they risky there I take great care on holiday always spraying but didnt think in the garden. Will in the future x rozita