Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bleed 18 months on letrozole

8 REPLIES 8
Arl

Re: Bleed 18 months on letrozole

Hi Suzie,
So glad you got seen to quickly, and good news. Did you have any other symptom for you to get an appointment? I know you said you had a bit of spotting, were you in pain? x
Suziex

I have just got back from hospital after my gynaecologist appointment. My gynaecologist was fantastic he looked at my scan and was concerned about the thickness of my womb he showed me the scan and wanted to have a look inside my womb. I was given painkillers and he then went on to examine me he found a polip which he said was the cause of the thicking/bleeding. He then proceeded to go ahead and remove it there and then. I didn't feel a thing he was fantastic. He is 99.9999 % sure there is no cancer.
Suziex x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes ,let us know what they say,I think there are a few posts about this on the site so obviously not unusual but because meds can cause womb changes needs checking out just in case .
Suziex

Hi I have an appointment next Tuesday to see a gynaecologist to get checked out will let you know how I get on xx

Arl

Hi Jill
Thanks for that, there isn't a lot of information on this, I will give it a few more months just to see if my period comes back and will see the doctor see what she says, it didn't last that long reckon about 3 days, I think we all worry about that because we are reading all the side affects that could happen, that might not happen. Ar1.x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi ladies, may be worth asking about this in the Ask the nurses section of the site.I think generally we are advised to get it checked out if you have a bleed after a long gap,
Arl

Hi Suzie,

i am am exactlty the same on tamoxifen, have been on it 3.& 1/2 years now, a few months ago there had about 5 periods, very light but then stopped, I was wondering if this was normal, I seen my consultant last week at my yearly visit and asked, reckoned yes it's fine, but been hearing if you do get them back to see a doctor, just to make sure everything is alright. It's always when you leave other questions you forget to ask like do you get the zoladex injection so that it stops your ovaries from working, do you leave it another year and see what happens, don't fancy going back into hospitals, I feel we have all had enough to worry about without having anything else.  This forum is so good that I feel I can write now on it, because at the very beginning when everything was raw I was so scared, I did use to read things that used to help me a lot, things that we are all going through or have been through.

Lizzy_BCC

Hi Suziex, 

I am sure any users who have had a similar experience will be along soon to support. You may also want to take a look at our page on letrozole. 

In the meantime you can always call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Suziex

Bleed 18 months on letrozole

Hi have started a new post i have been truing to ask questions on some old posts. I have been on letrozole for 18 months and I have some spotting small amount of blood is this common , can anyone comment on this if it has happened to them.
Suziex