cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood test results

3 REPLIES 3
LooLoo

Re: Blood test results

Thank you both for your comments. I don't have other thyroid symptoms so will probably contact bcn. Best wishes
Looloo

Lavenderlassie

Liver function tests would be likely but not exactly routine. Platelets would be checked in Full Blood Count that ruled out anaemia.
You could phone your GP and ask if they can check it out further for you, if the bloods went to your local hospital. Or phone your Breast Cancer Nurse? It really is not unreasonable to ask if your liver was checked.

oldandlumpy

hi, I do not know anything about the blood test, but i do know about thyroid problems. I had all the classic symptoms. I went to my doctor but my blood test came back as normal.Fortunately as i had done the temperature test and that was posative he gave me the thyroid medication anyway and within 6 weeks it worked.

here is a list of the symptoms i had, but not everyone gets them all, depends how long you have had it. Untreated it can get worse and eventually lead to depression. I now wonder if that was my mothers problem and it had gone diagnosed.

incredible tiredness
putting weight on
sensitive to cold
thinning eyebrows
night cramp
tinnitus

LooLoo

Blood test results

I had a check up a couple of weeks ago. I am two and a half years past diagnosis. Had IDC tubular cancer treated with wle with radiotherapy and then 5 years of tamoxifen. I have been really tired lately where tiredness sometimes overtakes me in the afternoons or in the early evening and I just have to sleep. I told my surgeon who was doing the check up, it will be the Onc at the next one. She took blood and said she would get it tested And I heard by letter Today that's results were ok and specifically thyroid and anaemia. Does anyone know what other tests wi have been done at the same time? Is liver function or platelets routine?
Thank you
Looloo