Blue nipple!

Well nobody warned me about that one, but I am rather proud of it. It is pretty. I wish I had a partner to share it with. Basically, because they only found the microinvasion after the DCIS was removed they didn’t do the Sentinal Node Biopsy at the same time on 14 March. I just had it done today and am now safe home in my bed thanks to my brother and my son. The blue guiding die has given me a perfect blue nipple. The lady opposite me had been given a blue face as well, but that hasn’t happened to me, although my pee is blue. I feel once again much happier now this is over, because I was dreading it. Tiny wound, and very little discomfort. Next thing is finding out whether the node is clear or not next week, and then the treatment plan to follow. On we go.

Good stuff Tigony! I’m surprised they didn’t warn you about it - my blue boob is fading a bit after 4 months and will probably disappear before too long. I had a deathly white face, rather than blue, and looked like a corpse apparently…Blue pee? Yes, and green poo - they didn’t tell me about that!

Hope all goes well for your results. Do the arm exercises religiously even though your armpit is probably still numb. Another step done. Sleep well. xxxx

Tigony

When I told my colleagues at work about my blue boob, they rechristened me “blue tit” we were all in hysterics :slight_smile:

Ode in honour of the Blue-footed Boobie.

Oh the Blue-footed Boobie’s a wonderful bird,

Though  on land it’s not graceful, its song’s seldom heard;

Its habitat’s threatened, its name is absurd,

But hurrah for the Blue-footed Boobie!

The Blue-footed Boobie’s my bird of the week

For it will not lie down and be timid and weak

But survives every challenge with courage unique,

That unsinkable Blue-footed Boobie.

So when I feel down – and that happens, it’s true

When I see my own boobie so scarred and so blue –

I’ll think on that bird and I’ll know what to do:

I’ll survive, like the Blue-footed Boobie!

:slight_smile:

My poem, I don’t think it is as good as the other one, but thought I would post anyway. Thanks all of you.

The Blue Boob

The blue footed boobie

Is easily recognisable by its blue feet

My right boob is blue

Instantly recognisable

As having been operated on for cancer

It is in fact a blue tit

I am Boobdicca

Queen of the I’ve Seen It All Now

Boob out I fight on in woad

Against the bloody cancer enemy

Surrounded by hoards of battling women

And some men

Onwards the brave

My nipple is now a nice tasteful pale verdigris shade. As my friend says, it looks like a mouldy lemon. My daughter (28) suggested it would be great for festivals. But I fear it will be invisible by the time I get to the festival we are going to in July. I await my results tomorrow, and my first cousin (who I didn’t know very well, but who has been through very difficult things herself) has really stepped up and is coming with me to see the surgeon. Almost anything would be better than dealing with my unpleasantly dysfunctional ex in addition to BC, so I am thanking my lucky stars he is out of the picture mostly. Although his attitude to paying me back via the divorce is far from savoury. I am just taking long walks, looking at nature, chatting to friends, trying to get on with some research for a book proposal.

The toughest thing (and we can be honest here I think) is how lonely I feel. Usually I don’t mind being alone and seek it when I have had a lot of human contact. But the BC does highlight that singleness needs nobody there mostly, however concerned and sweet and ringing up and all the rest my aunt, one of my 3 brothers, and my friends are. I am still essentially dealing with this alone. Being strong is fine. Having to be stronger is fine. Not having a choice is fine. Sometimes I just want to howl and howl and soak someone’s jumper, while they say there there and go and make a cup of tea. And essentially, don’t then leave.

My nodes are clear, thank goodness. Feeling much happier.