367169posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone Biopsy Advice Needed Please

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bone Biopsy Advice Needed Please

Thank you catokitty - yes I've been feeling super sensitive lately thanks to this Thoracic surgeon who will be getting a strongly worded letter from me now I'm done with them.  I know this forum can be quiet but I haven't been thinking quite rationally 🙂

And now this sternum situation has been resolved I have been booked in for implant and uplift in March which I hope will mark the end of the hamster wheel I seem to have been on since day 1. It will be strange having two boobs again Smiley Surprised

I am so glad you have had a reassuring result.  It must be a huge relief for you.  These forums are often very quiet and I have posted queries and got no response too.   It's hard not to feel ignored!  

All the best

Jane

Thank you Lizzy - your reply came through as I was posting a following up message myself. I was surprised that no one had acknowledged a post that was clearly about the distress of being ignored ... ironic lol.

Anyway in case this subject comes up for someone in a future search I thought I would write the outcome. I saw my breast consultant last night who had a faxed report he had eventually received yesterday showing an initial report dated 17 December and final update 21 December. So telling me it was showing as status incomplete the other day and that its normal to take almost four weeks was not true.

The results show fibrosis in the sternum but no malignancy. The lesion has been showing up as metabolically active in bone scans since my initial diagnosis in June 2014 so my breast consultant thinks the cancer had started to spread there but the chemo and tamoxifen have dealt with it. So alls well that ends well.

Hi Dancing_Nancy, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this difficult and frustrating time. I am sure some of our users will be along soon to offer their support and share their experiences.

In the meantime please do call our support line at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about result waiting times and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes,

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

Bone Biopsy Advice Needed Please

Hi there - I had a core bone biopsy of my sternum on 11th December. It was done at a London hospital through private health insurance. I asked one clinician at the time how long the results take and was told 3 to 4 working days because of the tracer needed. The thoracic surgeon told me he would call me the following week. After leaving messages for the surgeon or his secretary on three separate occasions before Christmas asking someone to call me with the progress of the results, no one did call me. By yesterday I had still not heard a word so I left another voicemail for the secretary saying I was more than upset and needed someone to call me ASAP to let me know what is going on. So she has called this morning and tells me the report says status incomplete so they are still waiting. She said this is normal for bone biopsy. I'm so upset because my previous calls would have indicated how concerned I was to hear news and yet I was ignored and left to guess at what was happening all over Christmas and New Year. My heart has jumped every time my phone rings since 18th December by which time I thought I would know results. My phone rings more than ever with friends and family calling and unable to believe it is taking so long. My question is whether any of you have ever had to wait so long for a result - I just feel I've been fobbed off because they didn't respond to my other messages. The waiting and stress of fielding calls from concerned friends and family is really making me feel ill now. If you have had a bone biopsy can you please let me know how long you waited for your results? Thank you.