Bone Mets

Hello ladies im new to this forum. I was diagnosed in Jan 17 with Breast Cancer and diagnosed a week later with secondary Breast Cancer in my Left Humerous and Pelvis … No symptoms just extremely tired for over a year and tested for sleep apnea which came back negative. Ive just had the tumour from my arm removed and a metal plate and pins put in my arm to support the fractured bone. Ive had radiotherapy on the arm and im currenty taking tamoxifen and densumab injection once per month. My next step is to get lumpectomy even though my oncologists has said that removal would make no difference to my outcome. Ive also asked my surgeon if he will remove the cancer from my Pelvis. I have a scan next month and im hoping the treatment is working and theres no more detections. Tina xx

Hello Tina, sorry you have had to join us, but welcome. Also sorry you have had no replies yet, but you will find tons of help and good advice if you join the other Bones thread - “Bone Mets - Please Join In”, also on this same board. Many are on the same treatments as you.

Good luck with ypur svan next month. Please let us know how you get on.

Hugs. Barton.x

Tina
Must have missed your posting …doh …but welcome to the forum …if u dip into bone Mets the big thread …there are more ladies there to offer help. You are pinned in the arm …I’m pinned in my femur so we would certainly get security alerted at air ports !!
Reading previous postings from other ladies …the jury is very much out whether the removal of tumour is any better for survival but personally …I think if it were me …would want it out too !!
I had my primary in 2004 and all the treatment …had reaccurence after eleven years just as I thought I had given the cancer thing a good kick and forgotten about it !!
Xxxx