Bone mets

I have been cancer free for 7 years now. I had a bilateral mastectomy with chemotherapy and radiation and infusions of Herceptin. Have had lymphedema in my left arm since 2007. Never had reconstruction.I recently had a CT scan because of pain in my right hip and groin both sides for groin area that has been bothering me going on 41/2 months now. My results showed a lytic lesion in my right hip and additional new areas of decreased attenuation ( no clue what that means ) I am scheduled for a bone scan on the 16th. Have any of you ladies had lytic lesions and if so were they bone mets? I am trying to mentally prepare for whatever the results may be.

Hi Lindyc and welcome to the BCC forums
I am sorry that you have this worry, it may help to post your query in the long running bone mets thread, I am sure the users here won’t mind you joining in, here’s the link:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Living-with-secondary-breast/Bone-mets-please-join-in/m-p/924080#M58378

Our helpliners are on hand with further support 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays so please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Lindyc,

I had to go for a bone scan on Friday.  I am worried about what it may show, but it needed to be done.

I did have a quiet laugh to myself though, whilst l was lay down on the bed, the radiographer tied my ankles together and then strapped my arms in.  I was almost tempted to ask him if he had been reading ‘50 Shades of Grey’.  I witheld my comments and had a quiet giggle to myself.

So just you wait for Monday - your ankles may be tied together. !!!

Hope all goes well for both of us and we don’t have to wait too long for results.

HUGS

Carol   xx

Hi Lindy, yes a lytic lesion is a bone met. If you have had this confirmed please join us on the thread Lucy has highlighted. It’s a very supportive place. X