Bone scan results - how long does it take?

Hi all, I had a nuclear bone scan on Jan 12, two days after seeing a consultant in the breast unit who ordered blood tests and the scan. He wants to rule out metastases he said in the bones, and was checking blood for CA breast 2012, whatever that means. The radiographer was very nice and thought I might hear something within a week to 10 days, the longer it’s been the more edgy I am! I know that our hospital/gp aren’t very quick with results normally, but why is this taking ages? I still feel so fatigued all the time, no energy or desire to do much at all. I feel down about everything, just want to get back to some kind of normal, whatever that is! As soon as these results come back at least I can move on from there depending on what it shows. Consultant mentioned he’s also looking for some rheumatoid issue, possibly a Fibromyalgia/CFS/ME issue which would explain some symptoms I have. If there’s anyone who can give me some advice or help I would be grateful. 

Cheers, Michele ?

Hello Michele, I think it’s more a case of how long is a piece of string - all hospitals seem to be different as to how long before you get results. It can also depend on when your appointments fall (if you are having regular ones). Having said that, though, I think this is quite long enough for you to have waited. I think you ought to give your consultants secretary a ring and give them a gee up. My Oncs secretary is brilliant and very friendly. Hopefully the phone number is on your original appointment letter.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Good luck, and hugs. Barton.x

Hi I’m the same I have been waiting three weeks now and they still haven’t got my results it’s driving me crazy the not knowing x

hi ladies, just want to echo what Barton has said…please keep pushing. I know there are thosands of people and loads of scans to analyse etc but no one realises the agony of waiting and i think you have both waited long enough. Please be persistent and let us know how it goes. Keeping everything crossed for good results. x