Bone scan

Going for bone scan today.will I be told anything today? Got my results on Thursday of biopsys. When I had liver scan they said at time it looked fine (different hospital) .

Hi Sib, when I went for all my scans and tests the technicians told me nothing . I had to wait for all the results to go to my Onco who then used them to devise my treatment plan. The waiting game is a real pain! Sorry if this isn’t what you want to hear. ?  X

Had my bone scan today. Painless for anyone who has to get one. A bit of waiting around while the radiation goes round your body but I was able to walk round hospital grounds and sit in sun. Wasn’t told results but on admission the nurse said I was there really to determine ‘what stage I was at’ I haven’t yet been told it’s definitely bc (have appointment for biopsys results 22nd) but as I was on my own I couldn’t face correcting her or querying . Mind is doing overtime but I feel so well, other than normal perimenopausal symptoms of a 50 year old

Hi sib glad it wasn’t a painful scan fingers crossed for positive results for you on 22nd xx

Thanks Sue, will be thinking of you tomorrow. X

Hi sib been thinking if you today xx

It’s an invasive breast cancer of no specific type. Thanks so much for your concern it means a lot. I’m sure this will be a huge emotional rollercoaster with highs and lows. Xxx

So glad you updated Hun was worried about you sending you hugs and positive vibes xxx can’t wait to hear your success story no matter how long it takes x❤️

I’m taking today Friday off work, got lots to organise and my husband by will be home lunchtime for weekend. I’m also off Monday as I have appointment withe bcn re my mastectomy, to go through everything and measure me for bras, where I live a lovely charity donate 2 bras to each woman having mastectomy. I then intend to go to work on Tuesday and Wednesday to sort things as likely to be off 2-4 weeks. In hospital Thursday to meet my operating team and go through everything then op Friday.
I have 2 sons, one is still at home who will help me . Everyone’s kind words, thoughts and hugs mean so much to me. I know this will be a tough battle but it’s one that I have to win. Xxx

Thanks Jencat. I am keeping myself busy, lots to organise before surgery. Just wish i could sleep at night, only getting a couple of hours, spend most of my time sitting going on this site drinking tea in middle of night! I’m sure lots of people feel the same. How are you doing? What’s next for you

Hi Jencat, I am hoping to get out of hospital early next week , with my drain in but I could be in for a week! My first night will be in high dependency ward so they can keep an eye on me. But as I am normally fit and healthy with no under lying health conditions I should be OK. I’m keeping really busy ,still at work . Work have been brilliant only worked there for 7 months but they are paying me for time off with surgery then offered me to work from home (if I’m able ) during chemo. It’s likely to be 8 months of treatment for me in total.
Lovely that you got away with your daughter to have some quality time. Keep your chin up and let me know how biopsys go. Xxx