Book Club

Highlighted

Re: Book Club

Hi SamanthaL

Would you like to choose our first book? xxx

Highlighted

Hi Pippie,

I think it going to be fun.  I know the forum has the hugely important role in allowing us  to support each other through our health issues but  it's good to think about something other than cancer for a little while too. I hope we can get a few people interested in both groups. I'm sure we can pick tv shows and books to suit most people. Speak to you tomorrow in the TV club thread. xxx

Highlighted

Hi Waffles, I'm up and running now. Whilst waiting fir the first book to be announced, I think I will also join in the tv drama as I watched Marcella last night on demand - so it obviously allowed ppl to watch earlier than programmed.

Pippie 

Highlighted

Yeyy!! Ok girls ITV1 at 9pm, look forward to hearing what you all think tomorrow. 

Xx

Highlighted

sounds geat idea

Highlighted

Hi Janette,

Sounds like a laugh. I always guess wrong.  You can usually guarantee that whoever I pick  as the murderer  will get murdered in the next episode. 😊xxx

Highlighted

Hi,

As you can see I accidentally pressed the emotional content button.I had no idea what the grey line was or how it got there.😀

Highlighted

Hi Waffles, yes brill idea 😀we can have a weekly whodunit guess/theory!!

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Highlighted

Hi Janette,

Great idea. I had forgotten it was on tonight so I'll definitely watch it. Do you want to start a new thread for it. xxx  

Spoiler

Highlighted

Hi all, I'm not a great reader, lose concentration to easily but I'm going to give it a go. Can I also maybe suggest TV drama's for those of us who aren't into reading?? What about the new drama starting tonight Marcella? It's tipped to be really good, we could do a weekly comment on it, just a thought. 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Highlighted

Hi all,

Yes I agree, Samantha should do the honours of picking our first book. I think we should leave a month between books to allow everyone time to read the book. 

xxx 

Highlighted

Hi, I would love to join the book club.  I love reading although I think I may take a bit longer now due to concentration levels being non existent.  It's a lovely idea.  Xx

Highlighted

Hello all book lovers, may I suggest that SamanthaL chooses the first book as she proposed the book club? Then can we take turns? Not sure how we work that out!

Hugs, Barton.x

Highlighted

I'd love to read some classics such as Wuthering Heights or Thomas Hardy  that I've not yet read.

Highlighted

Hi Helen,

That sounds reasonable enough to me. I'm looking forward to trying out books I wouldn't normally think of reading. I'll put another message on the main forums in a couple of days  and we can probably get started soon after that. xxx

Highlighted

I'm up for it too.. How does it work?

Does someone suggest a book and and end date for us to then to have read it by?

I think we each get to take turns choosing perhaps so we get a mix of stuff? But you obviously don't have to take part/ read that one if it doesn't float your boat?

helen X 

Highlighted

Hi Mara,

I've never been part of a book club but always wanted to give it a go. I  love reading(and tv and films) because it is a great distraction from life's problems. Even if we only manage to get a few of us to take part I'm sure it will still be fun. xxx

Highlighted

Hi Carolyn,
I was just thinking that myself. I 'll just advertise it on the main forum but will keep the main Book Club thread on the private forum. x
Highlighted

Just a thought waffles ..this is the private forum here and limited members.
Why not advertise it out on a couple of the public busier threads to get more interest from other ladies and then they can enrol here.
Hugs
Highlighted

Yes sounds a lovely idea waffles.
Highlighted

Hi Waffles and eveyone

this is good chance for me to say hello. I am not really new as Nicky will tell you but I am back for a second time. I loved the conversations on scifi and films and would like to be part of a bookclub I love reading.  Happy to read most things but like one of the other said  ladies it would be good to catch up on some of the classics. 

Please to to meet you all

Mara

Highlighted

Book Club

Is anyone interested in starting a reading group/ book club? We can pick a book every month and read it and discuss it/ have a laugh while we go along. Anyone interested please post here. xxx