71692members
376053posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Edinburgh?

22 REPLIES 22
Marije

Re: Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Edinburgh?

I'll be coming straight after school run (am in Haddington). I *should* be on time, but traffic could be a nightmare at this time...
michelle7975

Hi ladies just checked in I've been down to bistro and bar don't seem to see anyone around so back up in y room xx
EmmaLiverpool

right...third time lucky hopefully! Ive just posted this in the wrong place twice already!...

My name is Emma, i'm 30 yrs old, I've travelled up from Liverpool as I managed to miss the one that was on my doorstep!

I've got an 8month yr old baby who i've left for the first time since she was born. I'm very much looking forward to a peaceful break!

I was diagnosed this time two years ago but it's all just really catching up with me now, I'm a bit of a mess and an emotional wreck, so i apologise in advance for all the crying i will inevitably do!!

looking forward to meeting you all xxx

GMMc

Hi everyone ,
I'm Gail, I'm 29 and I was diagnosed in June last year . Iv had chemo and surgery and then my last radiotherapy session was on my Birthday (best present) at the beginning of February. Looking forward to meeting you all 🙂 x
laineyliv

Good Evening Ladies, My name is Elaine and I am 41 years young. I live in lochwinnoch with my husband Peter and our three adorable children (Evie 11, Sorley 9 & Oran 5). i was diagnosed at the end of Serptember 2016 and since then it has been quite a rollercoaster of emotions! I have completed my chemotherapy with good results and now am 6 days post surgery. I will start my radiotherapy in a few weeks.

I am so lookikng forward to meeting you all this weekend. I have also had the funny image from the Witches come into my mind!! xx 

michelle7975

Thanks for the reply Kerry looking forward to meeting you too, Elaine is great she gets married this weekend such a lovely person and great at her job....il be arriving about 9/9.30 Thurs night I'm in a choir and I have a show in cumbernauld before traveling up to Edinburgh...don't ask me to sing for yous guys lol 😂 anyone who is free for a wee pre meet Thurs night that would be great I think should put us all a wee bit more at ease for Friday xx
Marije

Is anyone else imagining a scene from 'The Witches'? Haha! A lot of (nearly) bald (?) women meeting in a hotel... 😂

mf100379

Hi girls, my name is Mollie and I live in Falkirk. I'm 37 but turn 38 on the first day of our meet! I've got three boys aged 13, 11 and 3. I was diagnosed in July of last year and just finished active treatment last week so this weekend has come at a fantastic time. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all as everyone I met on treatment days was much older than me which wasn't a problem but I wished I could meet people at my stage of life going thru the same things. Also can't wait for some "me" time away from my kids and partner. Xx
Jen222

Jen222 Jen222 Member
7:13 AM
Hi there, I am 39 and was diagnosed with this horrible disease in January 2016. I have had surgery and chemotherapy and now completed treatment. I have two beautiful children..... Age 4 and 8 and an amazing husband who has been a star through all this. I live in the Scottish Borders and like many of you I'm looking forward to an uninterrupted nights sleep on Thursday( my four year old still gets up for a cuddle!!). I'm also looking forward to meeting people in the same boat as myself. I went on the moving forward course in September and it was so great to meet other ladies who knew exactly how I was feeling. Definitely made me feel less alone. Looking forward to seeing everyone, jen xx
KerryAnn125

Hi Michelle,
Looking forward to meeting you (and everyone else) - how lovely is Elaine? Such an amazing & caring woman.
Will see you on Friday. Take care xx
Jax80

Hi Michelle myselfand another lady fiona will be there Thursday night around 7.30/8pm Xx
Dizzias

Hi Michelle - rather than be alone in the Thursday I can nip across and see you and then come back on the Friday morning?

Unless you want peace of course - I get that a night away alone quite nice too lol x

Linz
Katiemorag

Hi everyone, my name is Catherine age 41 from Renfrewshire. I am married to Alan and we have two beautiful girls age 8 & 11.
I was diagnosed October last year. I have one more chemo to go before surgery and radiotherapy which has been delayed a week due to this event so I'm feeling good this week. 😀
I'm really looking forward to meeting all you lovely ladies xx
michelle7975

Hello everyone my name is Michelle I'm from airdrie I was diagnosed in May last year...looking forward to meeting you all, sharing stories, relaxing and most of all having some fun and laughs...I'm arriving at the hotel late Thurs evening if anyone is around??

Kerryann Elaine who is my breast nurse at monklands told me you were attending and she said we will get on like a house on fire 😉
Jax80

Evening ladies I'm Jacqueline age 36 from Inverness have 2 children age 17&10 I was told Feb 2016 I had this horrible disease but have met so many lovely ladies and looking forward to meeting everyone(wonder how many are going in total)also looking forward to a wee hotel room with no hubby and kids hahaha Xx
Kazg17

Hi my name is Karen , I'm 44 , diagnosed in April last year . I live in Kilmarnock , married and have 3 children , a daughter 16 and 2 boys aged 13 and 9. Looking forward to meeting everyone xx
KerryAnn125

Hi, my name is Kerry and I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2016, so just over a year out.

I live in East Kilbride with my husband and our 3 boys (age 9, 4 and 1).

Looking forward to the event, meeting everyone and a full nights (uninterrupted) sleep will be a real treat (my youngest has been teething for what seems like forever 💙).
Dizzias

Oh never thought about a wee treatment! I will have a look see 😄

I am not allowed to go swimming at the moment so maybe a wee treatment is the way to go! Ace idea 😄
Marije

No worries Linz, I reckon most of us will be more tired than usual! Early nights all round I'm sure 🙂

I just booked myself a massage for Friday evening at 5pm, considering the time away as a bit of a treat! 

Dizzias

Hi everyone... I am Linz, 38 and live in East Calder. Just diagnosed in December past, and just had cycle 2 of FEC.

No kids, but 2 yorkie dogs 😄.

Had a bit of a couple of sickly weeks but looking forward to meeting everyone.

My scalp quite sore at the moment so likely to be in my skull caps rather than my glamorous wigs, but generally upbeat and positive.

This week will be week 2 so a bit tired but plan to last the 2 days of fun and chat 😄 X
Marije

Hi, my name is Marije. I was diagnosed with breast cancer last March too. I live in Haddington and have two small boys (2 & 5). I look forward to meeting you all this weekend. X

kasiastan1

Hi! My name is Kasia. I'm 36 and was diagnosed with breast cancer last year in March. Looking forward to weekend in Edinburgh and meeting ladies with the same experiences as me. X
Stephanie_BCC

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Edinburgh?

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Edinburgh but worried about going alone?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the event on their own. Feedback from previous events has said how helpful it was to talk before the event.

This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Younger Women Together. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you all on Friday.

Steph