74.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Manchester.

70 REPLIES 70

Re: Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Manchester.

Gradually reading yours - excellent blogs - cold cap info FTW right now!

Go for it x

Thanks for the link to your blog bex was great to read anything I missed out on. Someone on instagram going through bc asked me to share some info on diet myths can I share the link to this page? Xx

What a fab blog Bex! Thanks for sharing. It’s really useful to read about info discussed in the break out groups I wasn’t part of & sessions I missed.

I haven’t blogged about the event but I part exchanged blog links with a few ladies at the event & couldn’t recall my link at the time(!) so here it is:
https://breastthingsaboutme.wordpress.com

I’m just gonna wear black jeans and a dressy top with heels/wedges, I’ve put so much weight on from the steroids so want to be comfy! Hope ur ok Rachel...well done for powering through! Look forward to meeting you all tomorrow xxx

I had melanoma on my arm removed just before my bc diagnosis so i know were yr comming from x

Ok ... so bleep ty wasn’t the word I used, but thank you bcc for auto correcting me!

Rachel don’t apologise at all. You’re truly having a **bleep**ty time. The drinking’s only part of the course and is I guess therapy for many of us. But the sessions I’m guessing are gonna be about helping us through our daily troubles on this **bleep**ty journey. Looking forward to giving you a big hug 🤗 xxx

Ahhh happy birthday. Sadly I’ll prob be in bed early. Today I had a wle for skin cancer on my back. Yup I’m that unlucky to have had two diff cancers within the year. Bit sore now and feeling sorry for myself as the anaesthetic is wearing off. But hopefully should be ok for tomo. Apparently alcohol won’t help the healing so one glass may have to be my limit. Not great timing. Was gonna cancel but decided I’ll power through as have been looking forward to this weekend for ages xxx. Please excuse me for being boring!!!

Plus I drink better when I’m comfortable. Tracy you’ll have a grand old birthday!! 😊 xx

Vicks just wear what you’re comfortable in. I pulled out all my frocks yesterday wanting to wear one but then thought... no I wanna be comfortable. Gonna wear leggings boots and a cami.... not even gonna bother with boobs! 😊 xxx

Its my birthday tomorrow so im hoping ul all come out for cocktails after the meal so bring yr posh frock ☺

Hi I don’t know what to bring for Friday night. Are you all wearing dresses or jeans/top/heels?

Cwhincup, do you know white rose caravan park, I visit there, I like Thirsk a lot and surrounding areas ☺ x

Looking forward to a few cocktails to celebrate Tracey’s Birthday!! Gonna pack my glad rags 🙂 xxx

I live about 10 minutes away from Thirsk, in the middle of nowhere!! It's a lovely part of the world to live 🙂

Hi, I’m Louise, 34, from Blackpool, with 2 children, 5 and 11, very much looking forward to meeting you lovely ladies! Just trying to figure out what to pack! See you all soon x

Thanks I can't seem to remove it now x

Hi cwhincup do you live in Thirsk I'm often there in the summer. I know it's scary don't be shy it will be lovely we have all done this together ☺ I'm tracey hope to see you there xxx

Tracyloves purple, looking forward to celebrating your birthday on Friday x

Hi just read all the messages and I am very much looking forward to meeting you all on Friday. I will be the late one as I am travelling from Anglesey x

😊

Oh... and I clearly can’t spell either! 😆

So reading this Tracey I dove straight into my wardrobe to find glad rags.... I don’t need an excuse to want to glam up for an occasion! Got brand new Amoena boobs today too, so wanting to look good in a dress again. After a minor meltdown though I’ve decided I’m just not ready for it...... so I’m going flat!! ☺️ We’ll certainly make sure you’re birthday is a bash!! 😊 xx

Im Tracy and will be 45 on Friday!!! Im a wife and mum of 2. Im looking forward to meeting new people and making some friends too. Its my birthday on Friday so was hoping to have a cocktail or two after the meal so bring yr posh frock ladies and we will have some fun 😍

Traceylois - sorry to pop in here, but noticed you have put your phone number on your post. Probably not a good idea as this is a public forum and anyone can see the posts, even non-members, and you could get some dodgy calls. (We are forever alerting the moderators to Spam here too, so BCC advises folk not to put their emial address on the forum as well.) You might like to edit your post to delete your number, and private message your number to people. Hope you have a lovely time at your event. xx

i am 🙂 i booked Ask Italian for 6.30 but i think that might be a little too early i can always change it 🙂 maybe 7 or 7.30 instead? this is my number removed phone number for safety it would be great to meet someone else who has been through all this i feel only we can really understand what we have been through, Tracey x

Hi Tracey, ooo good shout - what time are you thinking of going for meal? I’d love to join. Are you staying at holiday inn too? xx

Hi ladies, I'm Sam. Looking forward to meeting you all Fri x

Hi Laura, ill arrive at 3,30 and im thinking of going to ask italian for tea do ou fancy it? there are 2 other girls also arriving the day before so we could all go 🙂 x

Yeah, though I'm still recovering from last night - much wine/cheese - was something to look forward to after the 'you're having chemo' meeting! Looking forward to this weekend 🙂 

Haha! Bex given we’ve had BC we need to do lots of arm exercises.... bar best place for that!!! 😆

Heh, also 42. We're not old LOL! 

Ha, I looked at the gym and thought, nah! Didn't look like it had anything particularly exciting in it! 

Hi 

Looking forward to meeting everyone, recognise some names from FB group. I only live in Reddish, so a short bus hop in (though the 'early' morning start is going to be fun). Diagnosed end of August at 42, had surgery 21st Sept at Stepping Hill. Joined Optima trial, just confirmed yesterday that chemo starts 1st Dec at the Christie (3 x EC, weekly paxatol). Live on my own at home, but lots of friends promising to come and do what's needed (and last year I hired a cleaner, def holding onto her!). 

Lecturer at Man Met Uni, managing to work at home on research at the moment (+ managed to do radio/TV for my book launch, and a couple of conference papers!) - let's see what happens over chemo. Written a few blog-posts on the topic: http://drbexl.co.uk/category/cancer/

Bex

Hi everyone,

I'm Alex and just about fitting into the 'younger group' at 43.  I have 2 children, my son is 14 next week and my daughter is 10.  I was diagnosed in July 2017 and just finished radio.  Now on tamoxifen and next is the ovary removal! oh the joys!

I'm travelling up on the Thursday evening with some other girls that I've met along the way so we are looking forward to a couple of child free relaxing nights and meeting everyone else - many have mentioned they are going from the facebook YBCN page so it will be lovely to meet you all!

Reassuring to see how many are going to be in the bar and not the gym!!! Looking forward to seeing you all there.

xxxx

Hi ladies!

I'm Ali and at 45 just scraped in as "younger"! lol! Im travelling from Bolton so not too bad. I have 2 grown up daughters 22 and 25 who have kept me going through what has been a mad few months! I had my surgery August 25th and finished radiotherapy a fortnight ago. Looking forward to meeting you all and having a laugh! 🙂

Hi, I'm getting the train from Thirsk over the Pennines. I'm very shyand treatment has knocked my confidence even more. I'll try my best to be chatty! I am looking forward to meeting some people a similar age to me. I've recently been on a Health and Wellbeing course and I was the youngest by 18 years. They were lovely ladies but there's issues I have that they don't and visa versa. See you all there!

Hi I'm Hayley. I'm 35 living in Nantwich, Cheshire. Mastectomy July 2016, Chemo Aug 2016 and Rads in Feb/March 2017. No children but recently married. Looking forward to feeling more 'normal' in a room full of young women who have or are going through this brutal journey. Oh and I'm also partial to a alcoholic drink or two so I'll see you in the bar! I recognise a few people on here from a Facebook group that I'm part of too so it will be nice to see the faces in person! xxx

Hi Tracey 🙂 I’m hoping to arrive at Manchester Piccadilly around 5:15pm. What time are you planning on arriving? X

Hi all, not read through everyone's posts yet but thought I'd introduce myself first. I'm Kate aged 28 with 2 step children, Alex 22 and Emily 17. I also have 2 children with my husband, phoebe 8 and Isobelle 2. I was diagnosed in April 2015 when Isobelle was 10 weeks old. I've been putting off going to one of these because I was too scared but this is the last one I can go on before I am eliminated for leaving it too late. I also have a French bulldog called Mavis and am hoping to adopt another in the next couple of weeks called Denis. I already feel like I know lots of you so hopefully it won't be so scary. Just a word of warning I will probs be the bad influence getting you all drunk so sorry in advance for the hangovers x

Hi ladies, I’m Anna, 40 and 3 weeks post op (bilateral mastectomy with recon). I’ve got a 7 yr old daughter.
Looking forward to being in a crowd I can feel normal with and hopefully have a bit of a laught after all the torture.
See you there!

Hi everyone. I'm Jane, from Birmingham. I'm 36 and was diagnosed a year ago on 25th November (which was black Friday), so this couldn't have fallen on a better weekend. I'm getting the bus to the station at just before 6am on Friday to catch the 7am train to Manchester, so there's a chance I may fall asleep mid afternoon! Looking forward to meeting you all x

Hi Ladies! So... it’s 3.22am and I’ve tapped in to the forum... as you can see, I’m sleeping great these days! At the risk of sounding like a complete alchy I must say that after reading all of your posts, I’m so pleased to hear that so many of you want a bloody good drink! 😂 🤗 Gonna be a slog getting through this week, but looking forward to coming up. Going night before as traveling from Bedford. Staying in man picadilly premier inn on thurs night with some others from YBCN website. 2 nights of child free rest and pampering....can’t wait!

Hi Laura I'm also going up the day before as I have a similar 2-3 hour journey. What time do you arrive? I'm tracey I'm 33 and 8 months out of treatment 🙂 x

Hi I’m Vicky. I’m 43 and live with my husband and 2 teenage sons. I was diagnosed a year ago and have completed my treatment apart from the ongoing Tamoxifen. I’m travelling from Marple in Stockport, so not too far at all. I’m really looking forward to meeting you all and having a few drinks too on Friday night. I’ve been doing dry November to lose a couple of pounds and it’s so boring!

Hiya I'm Julie just turned 41 with a 19 year old son I'm coming from Manchester. Nervous but also looking forward to meeting you all and having a cheeky drink this will be 1st drink since my mastectomy 3 weeks ago x

I'm still on chemo too. Due chemo number 4 next Thursday so the course fell really well for me on my good week. Sure I will be knackered at the end of the weekend though!! X

Hiya all, I’m another Rachel (sorry!). Im 35. Coming from Southport.
Im excited and nervous about weekend too xx