Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Manchester.

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Manchester but worried about going alone?

Considering booking a place but not sure?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the event on their own. Feedback from previous events has said how helpful it was to talk before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Younger Women Together. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you all next week

Steph

Hi everyone! Am rachel,36 and booked on the weekend. Little bit nervous coming alone but also looking forward to meeting you all and hearing some great sessions. Plus am extremely excited for a night alone in a hotel room with no snoring husband or kids to wake me up!!! X

Oh Rachel, how I can relate to your comments, a cocktail or 2 in peace before going up to a empty quiet room and watching whatever I want on the tv…
I’m 34 with 2 girls 5 and 7 xx

Hello I’m beccy 32 with a 4 and 5 year old. I’m really nervous but also feel very excited at the prospect of a full nights uninterrupted sleep! X

Mine are 7 and 4. Ohhhh yes. Cocktail for sure. Hope people won’t find me rude if I sneak off to bed at 8pm hahaha. Xxx

You do whatever you feel like! I’m not planning on being too late as it will be a long couple of days and I want to get online when I get in bed it’s Black Friday!! Christmas shoppers big time! Where are you coming from?? Xx

Hi Beccy, you will be fine. I’m in a Facebook support group and a few ladies off there are coming, so I kind of know a few already. It’s going to be so weird alone in a hotel room! X

Hi I’m Laura. I’m 27 & feeling quite nervous but excited for the weekend! I’m going up the night before as it’s a 2.5hr journey for me up there. Look forward to meeting you all on Friday AM :slight_smile:

Hi all, I’m Lindsey and I’m 37. I have 2 girls , 1 who is 5 and the other who is 2 years old. I’m feeling quite excited and nervous about Friday but I am looking forward to meeting you all, the gym, a good night’s sleep and being with younger women as opposed to waiting rooms with older ladies ?

Gemzy I am coming from Manchester so not so far!! You??

Hi everyone. Looks like I’m the old crone in the group, I’m 42 - ancient!! I’m only 19 years old in my head though! Almost 2 years since diagnosis, I’m married with 14 year old boys and recently started my new career. Full time work after 11 years part-time, so looking forward to a day off. ?

Hi I’m Sonya.
I am 37, 38 on Wednesday. I’m really looking forward to the event this weekend. I wanted to go last year but was in the middle of chemo so couldn’t so am really happy to be coming to this one. I’m a bit nervous but am excited to meet everybody. Xx

I live in bury so not far for me at all. I am also in a Facebook group but I’m fairly new I’ve only joined since August so I don’t really know anyone yet. I’m also looking forward to meeting people my age as opposed to always being the youngest in every appt!!

I’m coming from Altrincham so not that far for me either. Also looking forward to a cheeky cocktail xxx

Beccy I am coming from Whitefield getting the tram in x

Hi I’m going Friday. I’m 32 no children but looking forward to meeting people similar age to me! Got to get the train at 7am to get there so may need a a nudge to keep me awake on Friday night!

Hi, I’m Kathy and I’m one of the oldies although I usually feel like a teenager when I’m sat in the Breast clinic. I’ve got 4 kids 16,11, and twins of 8. I was diagnosed last Feb and had the kitchen sink thrown at me. I’m just coming back up for air so feeling a little battered although that might be because I walked up Moel Famou yesterday! See you all Friday xxx

Hi everyone, I’m Marcella, looks like I’m an oldie too! 44! Have 5 sons 14-27. Diagnosed in June, currently having chemo, all going well, is anyone else on chemo at moment? Hope I’m not the only one on chemo that’s attending? Look forward to meeting you all! Xx

Hi everybody.
I am Sara. I will be travelling from Liverpool. Just finished radio after mastectomy and chemo so really looking forward to this event. Cant wait to meet all you ladies xxx

I’m coming from Chinley so about 40 minutes on train. X