Botched surgery...need a new surgeon

Long story, but I’ll try & give you a short version. I had a full mastectomy June 2013. I had already had a breast augmentation so when my surgeon did my MX he left in my original implant, intending to exchange it later.

In November 2013 I was due for my reconstruction. On the day it was a different surgeon who I had never met. The end result was horrendous. I have seen a solicitor & the NHS have admitted liability. I need further surgery, but am wanting a new surgeon. If any of you have had great results of implant reconstruction & uplift to other breast. I would love a recomendation. Please PM me with your surgeons names if you dont mind.

Hope you can help me here ladies as this has been a nightmare.

Hi .I had a fabulous female surgeon at wythenshawe .ladies are refered to wythenshawe to her and her colleague from all over England .when I had my diep a lady from wales was having a diep as well.I will send you her name .

Thanks for the help ladies & the PM’s…keep the sugestions coming please. I’m going to see 2 or 3 surgeons before I decide…I’m really wary now after the mess that my last surgeon made. 

The reconstruction should be the bit at the end that makes you feel better & mne has made me feel worse…I look horrendous & am really upset by whats happened.

Hi Cath, I think we chatted last year when things didn’t go to plan for you, so I know how devastating this whole experience has been for you. If you remember, I was in the same boat as you sadly. Anyway, I can recommend a surgeon at north staffs hospital in Newcastle under Lyme ( nor sure where you are based geographically) but is this something you need to consider for when you need to have follow up,appointments etc?
The surgeon I have in mind does not do DIEP I don’t think, he does do LAT DORSI though, so take your time to decide what is it you want and what you would be best suited to. Defo speak to a few surgeons ! That lady up in wythenshawe, I have heard good stuff about and have seen her on the tv in the past. I also met with her colleague when mine went wrong but he couldn’t help me sort the problem out, hence me going to north staffs in the end.

Best of luck
Naz

My surgeon ***i at the Marsden is excellent, but make sure you agree your boob size well in advance!

Thanks for all the suggestions girls. Those of you who have mentioned surgeons by name, it gets *** out, so you need to PM me the names.

I am seeing a surgeon in Nottingham in 2 weeks who is highly recommended. I am in Yorkshire so London, Bath & Norfolk are a bit too far.

I will probs go see the lady in Manchester as well though.

Any suggestions within 80 miles or so of west yorkshire would be ok, but further than that may be difficult with check ups x

Hi Cath. Plastics team at the QE in Birmingham were brilliant. Had an implant recon 5 weeks ago, really pleased with it.

There is a good surgeon in cambridge - supposedly in the top ten in the uk. I believe he has experience of correcting surgeries that have had a poor result. You can pm me if you’d like details? Hope you get things sorted in a way that you’re happy with. None of us need more stress to add to what we’ve already had to deal with. Good luck.

Faith