Brain and spine mets.

Hi. I was diagnosed last week, initially with mets into spine and then they did a scan just to rule out brain. Unfortunately they founders there too. I’m currently under going 5 days of radiotherapy and then chemo tablet? It’s all a bit of a blur and I’m up and down. I’m a mum of 43 with 2 little boys. This is what I’m finding the worse. I’m hoping after treatment I might find an even keel and start to live my life the best I can.

What a dreadful shock for you Shellby, you must be reeling. I have mets to the spine and have had chemo tablets called Capecitabine, also known as Xeloda. I would think, as this chemo passes the blood, brain barrier these are the tablets you will be having soon. There are some threads here on Capecitabine on the Treatments part of the Secondaries forum. This one has lots of info,
forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Treatments-and-medical-issues/Xeloda-Capecitabine-Your-Top-Tips-please/m-p/645043#U645043 Capecitabine worked well for me for over 4 years. I hope you have a great response from the tablets. X

Hi,shellby,so sorry about your diagnoses and you are joining us. It’s only natural to be up & down emotionally. I see our lovely Belinda had bumped up capecitabine /Xeloda thread for you . Please read it it has lots of great tips.
Please feel free to ask us anything if someone can help they will.
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxx

Hi Shellby

I am sorry to read your news, I am sure you will continue to find support here during this difficult and worrying time for you, please also feel free to call our helpliners for further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000. Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

You may find some of the further information and support ideas via this link to the the BCC secondary pages helpful, including our weekly online live chat which takes place Tuesday evenings 8.30-9.30:

breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Shellby. I too have been diagnosed with spine mets through MRI and I am currently waiting CT scans of the rest of my body. I had TNBC 22 years ago at 42 and the b has come back. The Onc wants to put me on Xgeva a bone building drug has that been suggested to you?
It’s hard to keep positive.
Hugs

Hi Lou

I am sorry to read your post, as I wrote to Shellby earlier this week please use the BCC services for further support as our teams are here for you

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Shelby I’m another with the “brain” , I have posted bits and pieces on here then cann’t find what I’ve put but I do know I have a brain in there as it has been MRI’d and scanned so it is defo there somewhere!! I also have spine bones and liver!! I have just finnished my 5 days of radio on my brain and apart from wonky eye wobbly legs a bit I feel really well. I have found this site a godsent very reasuring and meeting people in the same situation is fantastic. All I can say is positive again and again. Hugs VickyXX