cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brain, lungs, liver mets her2 positive

7 REPLIES 7
2catlady

Re: Brain, lungs, liver mets her2 positive

Oh,Hilsy,so sorry,what a shock for you. I pray you get some answers tomorrow. I wish you all the luck in the world. Massive hugs coming your way,Helen xxxxx
Hilsy

Thanks all you're so helpful. I'm seeing my Macmillan nurse tomorrow so I willl ask about tykerb/lap....something. Thank you so much you all have your own problems and take the time to help me. Xxx
SueCheshire

As Nicky has said it would be worth asking about Cape and Lapatinib as they can pass the blood brain barrier. I think the combination has proved to hold brain mets stable.
Love Sue x

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Hilsy, this must be such a shock for you especially after all the recent treatment you have been through. I know some of the chemos don't pass the blood/brain barrier but I understand that lapatinib together with Capecitabine does. It may be worth asking your oncologist about this before your 6 week scan as there would be no harm adding it to the mix. Good luck and we are here to support you.
Nicky x

Newyork

Hilsy really feeling for you. Would the drug kadcyla be of any benefit to you if you can get it approved? My tumours keep growing under herceptin but now I have started kadcyla I am hoping it is under control as my pain has gone. Not sure whether it would work on the brain but good for everywhere else. Sending you a very big hug xxxxx

Ruby1

So sorry Hilsy

I can see that Belinda has provided you with a link to trials and don't know what hospital you are under right now, but always a good idea to check out hospitals of excellence such as the Royal Marsden who have all the latest up to date equipment and drugs etc.  

Big hugs

Ruby xx

belinda

I'm so sorry Hilsy, what a shock for you. This link may be useful, there are trials for breast cancer and trials where cancer has spread to the brain categories.
http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/trials/
Do you have a BC Nurse, someone who can look into all avenues, second opinions? My very best wishes. X
Hilsy

Brain, lungs, liver mets her2 positive

Hi all Im 35 yrs old and devastated. HER2 Breast cancer 2 years ago so chemo and herceptin then 3 months ago I was diagnosed with a brain tumour and they discovered lung mets. The brain tumour and margin around it was successfully removed and I had 10 sessions of targeted radiotherapy. I was told today only 7 weeks after the end of radiotherspy that it's regrown in the same place AND spread to my liver now and there was growth in my lungs. This was through comparing with scans over 3 months ago and I've had 2 lots of herceptin and one round of chemo (capecitebine) so not sure if they're working yet. They'll know more at scan in 6 weeks! She said as it's feisty enough to return so quick after surgery and radiation chemo and herceptin may not help me and if they don't help my liver and lungs then they won't do gamma knife or anything. Apparently prognosis is worse than the original 'couple of years'. Devastated. Scared. Any similar experiences? X