Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brain mets

151 REPLIES 151
Highlighted

Re: Brain mets

Highlighted

Janice48, have a look at this link - US company recruiting for trials, shown early effectiveness on her2+ brain mets..
http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oncothyreon.com%2Fproduct_pipeline%2Font-380.html&h=...
Everyone I know with brain mets has systemic metastases I'm afraid. Local treatment with wbr, cyber knife or surgery seems most common...x
Highlighted

Hi, very nice to meet you all in this forum, I was diagnosed with breast cancer triple positive DCIS in 2011, treated with chemo and surgery, after two years i was on remission, but then they found that i had brain metastasis, i'm looking for people with Breast cancer Brain Mets ONLY(BCBM) who are taking any supplement, drug, or some kind of therapy that can also help me . I have been with the best doctors, still don't know whats the best next step . So i also want to take control of my disease and find some support here and also share what it helped and helps me.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Bump

Highlighted

Bump xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Bev, Listen to your body! Go slow! Save your energy for things that give you enjoyment! Congrats for finishing the rads! Funnyface

Highlighted

Bev,it takes a while to recover from rads SEs peak at about two weeks after treatment then start to ease. Having chemo too will make you tired . I did chemo and rads and I was on my knees.
Be kind to yourself and get plenty of rest ,listen to your body. If you need a duvet day have one. If you feel like going out do that,obviously with coffee and cake stops lol.
Please be kind to yourself Bev xxxxx we are all here for you,massive hugs,Helen xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Will be lovely to get out of the house again! Very tired this morning so still in bed but still early days since rads finished wed. Starting chemo that same day has zapped me as well I think!
Anyone know when I'll start feeling stronger? I feel beter in myself since changing the steroids on Wed just a lot of weakness. Second dose of Vinorelbine due then next wed then week off. xx
Highlighted

Really pleased you're starting to feel better Bev. Take each day as it comes and get plenty of rest to build up your strength and enjoy the sunny days x
Highlighted

So pleased to hear from you Bev, glad radiotherapy is going smoothly. Enjoy the sun and make sure you rest.
Highlighted

Glad you are feeling a better Bev and had a great birthday. Just take it easy,get through your last rads. Then rest as much as you can. Listen to your body!! If you need a lie down do it. Your strength will start returning .
Huge sunny hugs,Helen xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Glad you had a good day Bev. 🙂 Hope the last rads goes well and you have more warm weather, sunny days in Wales so you can relax and get your strength up. XXXX
Highlighted

Thanks for all your birthday msgs! Had loads of lovely cards and gifts...too much! Last radiotherapy tomorrow and its gone smoithly so far. The only thing I'm feeling is still weakness and tired from having had the seizures. Realky wiped my body out!!
But I'm feeling stronger everyday now so recovery is happening! Soeak soon ladies. Enjoy the sun! xxxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Birthday Bev! 

Glad to see you posting and hoping for a smooth ride for you through your rads. Crossing my fingers that you have no problems!! 

Highlighted

happy birthday Bev.

Highlighted

Happy birthday Bev, not the way you wanted to spend it but let them spoil you this evening x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy birthday Bev, not the best way to be spending it I'm sure but hopefully once the rads part of the day is done you can spend time with the family and get a bit spoilt 🙂
Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy birthday to you , happy birthday to you , happy birthday dear Bev, happy birthday to you. Love Marie xx
Highlighted

Happy birthday Bev. Hope you can enjoy some of your day, part of your birthday with your family. X
Highlighted

Happy Birthday Bev!! Glad that you feel up to posting again. No, it's not the best option for a birthday treat, but hopefully you will look back as it being the start of feeling a lot better. Thinking of you xx
Highlighted

Bev, happy birthday. It's a dreadful way to spend a birthday but your 59th will be much better. Glad you have started rads, look after yourself and thinking of you xxx
Highlighted

Thanks....but what a way to spend a birthday! 58 today x
Highlighted

Good to hear that you've started treatment Bev. Hope all goes as well as possible and you able to start chemo as planned.

Tournesol x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Bev, I've also been wondering how you have been getting on and I'm so pleased to see you posting that your rads have started. I hope the SEs are minimal although fatigue will no doubt build up. Be kind to yourself and I hope the little uggers get blasted into space and that chemo can be started soon. Good luck and lovely to hear from you.
Nicky x

Highlighted

So pleased to hear from you Bev. Hope SE's from rads aren't too bad and you can get on with chemo. Thinking of you a lot.......
Highlighted

Good to hear from you Bev 🙂 hope all goes as smoothly as possible. X
Highlighted

If im well enough then at clinic next wed i can start new chemo VINORELBINE ...i think the foll tues.
Highlighted

Lovely to hear from you Bev, I was hoping everything was going ahead today as planned. Let's hope head nurse is right and side effects are minimal.
LD x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done Bev, now the little huggers are going to have trouble with you !
Love Marie xx
Highlighted

Thank you. Had first rad today....all of 5ins! Head nurse chatted to us first. Didnt seem to make a big deal of the side effects. Tiredness mainly but said may not even lose all hair. Eyelashes and brows not affected. Lets hope its blasted the little uggers into oblivion!
Highlighted

Hi Bev. I know it's hard but just try to focus on your next planned treatment. I had all sorts of options which my Onc talked about but it was only as we finished each one that any real decision was made about what to do next. Fingers crossed the rads will shrink all the brain mets totally and then you can move on to next stage. Good luck with the rads. xx
Highlighted

Thinking about you both Bev and Sheila x
Highlighted

No need to reply Bev but just sending my love and best wishes, Belinda. X
Highlighted

Highlighted

Thanks xxxx
Highlighted

Just bumping up to the top again Bev.x
Highlighted

Thanks sheila and olives. Thats comforting. Yes am on dexamethasone 2mg daily....which really zaps me out! And levetiracetam 500mg twice daily for the seizures.
Trouble is...I'm absolutely fine waking up in mornings.. feel i can get on and do things. But 2 hrs after taking a dex I'm fit for nothing for the rest of the day till about 4 or 5! I thought steroids perk u up! Its an effort even to get dressed.
Im hoping theyll stop them shortly after the rads.?
So much to worry about because i cant start more chemo either until i finish and get over rads.
Xxxxx
Highlighted

Hi olives, glad to hear that you are doing well. And you are enjoying life. It must have been very scary. Have a great Easter. Xxx

Bev. I hope you are feeling better my wbr has finished now and apart form extreme fatigue it has been OK. In a way it is sort of relaxing as I was thinking that something immediately was happening to help clear the cancer

Lots of love. Shelia. Xxx

Highlighted

Hi. Just a thought but presumably they have put you onto anti seizure meds and steroids to reduce swelling in brain from mets. Hopefully once these kick in you won't have any more seizures. X
Highlighted

Been away for a few days in France and catching up on the posts. Just wanted to say that I hope everyone's treatment takes a turn for the better & I am thinking of you all even though I don't post very often. Sending big (((hugs))) to you all xxxx
Highlighted

I have 4. All just over 2cm. Said cant do stereotactic. I was going to ask onc about chemo wafers too. But the lung mets not responding so far to chemo either. Noone seems to be giving many optiins. Apart from Vinorelbine after the rads. If im well enough from rads side effects.
Highlighted

Hi. I was diagnosed with secondary brain tumour in Feb 2014. The first symptom was a big seizure. Don't remember much about it, just felt dizzy then woke up in Hosp. I was lucky as I just had one 2cm tumour in my temporal lobe and had a craniotomy to remove it in March last year and didn't need radio at the time. Everyone is different and has different experiences of brain mets but there are some of us who are still going strong and enjoying life. Hope this helps and sending you big hugs. I understand how terribly scary it is when you get diagnosed with brain mets but people do get through it with the right care. xxx
Highlighted

Bumped.
Highlighted

Hi Bev.....I have had two brain mets in 2014 and both were removed by Stereotactic Radiosurgery  ( Gamma Knife)  is that not an option for you.Heart

Highlighted
Community Champion

Bev, All I can say is WOW what a shock for you to wake up in the hospital. I'm sorry you are going through all these scary times.  Glad they are starting rads sooner rather than later. ((((Hugs)))) Funnyface

Highlighted

Bev I am so sorry, I cannot offer any advice Im afraid but am thinking of you and your family xx

Highlighted

hello there bev

i am sorry can't help with rads  but my thoughts are with you. much love SS

Highlighted

Thinking of you Bev....
Highlighted

Such a shock, Bev and so scary for you and your family. Can't help with brain rads but thinking about you x
Highlighted

Bev, so sorry to hear this. You must have been terrified waking up next day in hospital! This whole thing must be so frightening for you. You have all my good thoughts and hopes for you, and hope that the rads work! So many people have posted about positive results from rads. And they are bringing things on fast for you. Many gentle cyber hugs. Barton.x