1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brea thickness

jackjack

Brea thickness

I have recently discovered some thick breast tissue in my left breast. It extends from the nipple up to my armpit and feel almost like grissly meat and rubbery.  I am sure my lymph nodes are enlarged as they feel lumpy and one or two are tender.  I had a mammogram last year but this was normal.  I am 55 and have large breasts which always feel lumpy to me and it is quite difficult to tell one lump from the other but I have not felt this rubberyness before.  I went to my GP and she said there is firmness in my left breast and is asymmetric to the other one.  She saw a slight little bruise (nowhere near the bit I am worried about) and suggested I go back in two weeks just incase I have bruising on the inside.   If it is still there she will refer me to Breast Clinic.  My sister had breast cancer and died at 45 and a paternal Aunt the same and died at 49.  I am surprised with my family history she didn't refer me sooner than to wait two weeks.  Anyone any ideas if this sounds like normal thick tissue or anything more sinister.

Thanks