1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast Cancer Dragon Boating, Manchester

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Breast Cancer Dragon Boating, Manchester

Hi everybody - our Dragon Boat is back in Manchester on Saturday, 26th April, at Debdale, Junction 24 M60 motorway and head towards Manchester.  Debdale Outdoor Centre is approixmately 1mile on the right hand side.  We are meeting at 10.00am to get prepared for on the water for 11.00am.  Come and join us - we're hoping for a great 2014 season, with lots more members, lots more fun, and provide lots more support to all those who have been affected by cancer treatment.  Dragon Boating is great if you've had Breast Cancer - google Dr Don McKenzie - who started this form of exercise in 1996 in Canada.  We want it to be huge here in the UK - we deserve some fun!!  Come and join us!!  If you want further details send me a private message.  

Hi

Sorry not responded sooner.  I'll post on here when we get our boat back down from the Lake District.  We're hoping to have her back by mid March ready for an open day in early April.  View our web site for further news www.paddlersforlife.co.uk - you'll be able to see what we get up to.  Anniemay

Guest user
Not applicable

I would love to have a go and hopefully take up dragon boating. I am really interested in joining you in March. Look forward to hearing from you soon x

Hi Debbie

Just replied via the message service so I hop you received this.  Yes, I posted in June 2013 and we're just about coming to the end of our season because of the dark nights.  We're hoping to get the boat out again in early March 2014, perhaps on a Saturday though to start off with.  Would be great if you could make it.  

We're having a coffee evening on Wednesday, 2nd October if you want to come along to Debdale to see what we get up to.

Anniemay

Hi
Does this still go ahead every Wednesday? I am really interested but can't make out the year of the post and wondered if it's out of date?
Thanks
Debbie

I can't believe nobody in Manchester wants to try this!

Breast Cancer Dragon Boating, Manchester

Hi

Does anybody fancy having a go at dragon boating. We have a 42 foot boat at Debdale Outdoor Centre, Junction 24 of M60 Motorway. It holds 16 paddles, a drummer and a helm. We don't race, we paddle at a pace suitable to each individual. Its great fun, gets you out of the house, away from the hospitals, clinics and helps re-build confidence. Come and join the rest of us who've been treated for Breast Cancer and have some fun. We meet MOST Wednesdays, at 6.00pm.
Anniemay