Breast Cancer

Hello

I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed on 9th January this year. I had a lumpectomy and some lump nodes removed on 29th January. I had to go back on the 31st as I had a reaction of the cleaning fluid. I now have a problem in my arm pit it feels like a shaving rash, anyone elseget  this and did anything help to relieve it. Any guidance to get the best out of this site would be most welcome.

I dont get my results until 13th February and then I will know what treatment is coming next.

Look forward to hearing from somebody for advice and support.

Angie

Hi Angie

I had my lumpectomy on the 23/01 and I have had exactly the same feeling, however mine has come and gone a few times. Have no idea what it is,  assumed it was the nerves healing xxx

Hi Angie

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and recent problems after surgery. I’ve had lumpectomy and full clearance of nodes but not experienced the skin reaction like you.

This forum is wonderful for linking to ladies with similar problems and I would recommend you move off the Radiotherapy thread and perhaps investigate posts in Surgery as a start because this is where you are at present, not having had any treatment yet. Hope you find the help you need and wish you luck on 13 Feb.

Beatrice x