Breast Clinic tomorrow

Hi everyone.

It’s my first post here although I have been scouring the forum for some weeks now. I don’t know if I have anything new to add to the discussions but thought it might feel better if I posted.

I’m 27, with a family history of BC (my mother, who used these forums, sadly died two years ago after a 7 year struggle). I have cyclical breast pain, and have quite lumpy breasts which change during the month. 

This month the pain in my right breast did not go away, and seemed concentrated on a particular spot on the outside of the breast. Later I’ve found a painful lump in the same area. Went to my GP who referred me to the breast clinic and I have an appointment tomorrow (all happened quickly due to the family history). 

She said it felt more like a lobe than a lump in itself, and I am trying to tell myself that painful lumps seem to be rarely BC. 

Unfortunately the whole thing has brought up bad memories of my mother when she was ill.

I have told my dad but made out like there was nothing to worry about. I haven’t told my boyfriend of 5 years who lives away from me - have been planning on moving up at the end of the month to be with him finally. This feels like the inevitable hurdle which will stop me from living that new life I’ve been looking forward to. 

Trying to keep calm and think rationally - difficult!  Won’t be long to wait anyway!

Thanks for reading.

A big hug to you clanger, so sorry to hear about losing your dear mum.
Regarding your situation , i do hope the appointment today went well for you and you got some answers regarding your lump today. I won’t comment any further as I don’t know the result but I didn’t want to read and run xx