Breast Discolouration - IBC??? Any advice appreciated.

Hi,
My husband found a small lump in my RIGHT breast just a little bigger than a baked bean on Friday. When I checked I noticed that my opposite sides breast (the LEFT breast is about 35% bigger than the over one). The same enlarged breast, the one without the lump has a purple spot of discolouration and the spot looks mottled purple. I always had one slightly larger breast, but the size difference was never THAT apparrant and noticeable.
Went to Dr today who couldn’t find the lump, but asked me to come back in 12 days, which should be after my menustrual cycle has finished. Just worried about IBC.

Hi there,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I’m sure your fellow forum users will be along shortly to help.

In the meantime could I suggest you give the helpline here a ring and have a chat with out of the staff there. Lines are open now until 5pm tonight (Mon-Fri 9-5 & Sat 9-2) Calls are free 0808 800 6000

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Hi there,

I am not very knowledgeable about IBC, so cannot you help with your query. Hopefully, someone will be along who can help you with it.

Did the doctor not see the discolouration? Was the lump palpable to you? Did the doc ask you where the lump was?

Welcome anyway, and the helpline is good to allay your fears.