Breast cancer after 5 years on opposite breast

Hallo! Sorry for my bad english. Five years ago my mom has breast cancer her2 positive on the left breast. She goes trow surgery-masectomy, chemo and Herceptine. After that she was on Tamoxifen. Few days ago she was diagnosed breast cancer on opposite breast. Surgery is for 5 days. Can someone tell me please, does she will be ok, what to expect? Is gona be another chemo ir not?The tumor is 1,5 sm, tumor markers did not show nothing uncommon, but still the biopsy shows egzistance of cancer. Is’t possible to have another tumor but wirh no metastases? Or is’t possible she to have metastases but with low tumor markers. Please someone help me with some directions. Thank you,
Maja from Macedonia

Please someone with experience answer me.
Thank you
xxx

Hi Maj,
Sorry to near your mum is going through this, hopefully all will be well with your mum & treatment will be effective.
It’s not really possible to say what what the treatment will be, however, it is certainly possible that she does not have mestastases, but obviously this will become clearer when your mum has all the information from the tests.
Wishing you & your mum all the very best.
ann x

Thank you for your answer ann. It’s big relief for me to hear this. I hope everything will be ok. Thank you again, wish you all the best. xxx

Thank you for your answer ann. It’s big relief for me to hear this. I hope everything will be ok. Thank you again, wish you all the best. xxx

Hi Majas,

So sorry to hear about your Mum. I do hope everything is going well for her, as it’s a month ago since you posted. 

In answer to your question of the possibility of a 2nd tumour without metastasis. Yes it is, in that it may be a seperate primary that’s formed. I developed another tumour in my other breast, 9 months after my first mastectomy, so was concerned that it had been spread from the first, due to metastasis,and therefore a secondary. But was assured by the consultant that it was a totally new primary. Hope that’s the case with your Mum, and wish her and you well.

Delly xxx 

Thank you Delly. The surgery is done, and the results shows that it is new primary cancer, 1A stage, no mets. Five days ago she started with chemo, and I hope that everything wil be ok. Delly, I want to ask you, do you know does the second chemo is more harder than the first one and does the hair will grow again. Wishing you all the best xxx, Maja