Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast cancer metaplastic

3 REPLIES 3
Mazzer

Re: Breast cancer metaplastic

Hi there

I have just recently been diagnosed (in Nov) with metaplastic BC and have just had 2 x lumpectomies and now awaiting chemo. Would be good to talk to others with this type of BC -what is the Facebook group called?

thanks

Mazza 

Sodastream

Hi Dianne. I was diagnosed with Metaplastic breast cancer in 2014. My tumour was 6.5cm at first scan and I had chemo first followed by Mastectomy and radiotherapy. I've just had TUG reconstruction. Just wanted to say that I'm part of a Facebook group for support on Metaplastic cancer. The statistics online are dated and wanted to say that plenty of us are doing so well years later. If you have any questions please shout as I'm happy to help in whatever way I can. X
BonitaE_BCC

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for sharing your story. I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always use our Ask the Nurse service or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Dianne

Breast cancer metaplastic

Hi, 49yr old just had mastectomy 9 days ago. Lympth glands clear. 3.5cm tumour. Chemo/radiotherapy in new year as precaution due to size of lump.