Breast cancer screening - Fine needle biopsy results

If you had a breast cancer screening, did you get the results of mammogram, ultrasound on the same day ? Or did you have to wait?

Do they give you the result of the fine needle biopsy at the same time with other tests (mammogram and ultrasound) ? I know that core biopsy results take longer to come back.

I have an appointment on Monday but a vague idea about what to expect. I am sick with worry.

With my family we are going away to see family for Xmas on the 19th, we are flying so family not close by. I am worried that I will have to postpone appointments and they will not tell me the results on the phone as well. And don’t want to tell about this to anybody since I don’t want to ruin my kids and family’s Xmas. 

Hiya, they try to give you as much info on the day as they can and if mammogram and Ultra Sound are clear they will tell you there and then but if you need any sort of biopsy then it’s about a weeks wait for results. I know it’s an awful time with all the waiting and not knowing what’s going to happen and trying to deal with it all on your own, hopefully you will be fine and your waiting will be over on Monday but if not I’m sure you can arrange for results over the phone as you will be away Xx