Breast cancer that has spread to my vertebrae, lymph nodes, sternum, and other places, stage 4

I am new to this site and all sites I have never written about my breast cancer in the past or my re-occurring breast cancer before. I did have estrogen related positive, double masectomy, 11/8/2011. 4 rounds of taxotere and cytoxen along with tamoxifen. I was on tamoxifen for 1.5 years, 2 years after my first diagnosis of breast cancer, I was diagnosis again, breast cancer spread to my vertebrae and other places. I am on Xeloda 3-500 pills in the morning and 3-500 pills in the evening, 7 days on, 7 days off. This is my 3rd round and not so bad just exhausted, which I can deal with. The other 2 rounds I had to go in and get hydrated because I was vomiting and not eating. So I guess my body is adjusting. I am also juicing a beet, carrot, apple and lemon in my jack lalanne juicer everyday which I started on my 7 days off before my 3 third round. And I have continued this straight thru. I found this on someone else’s posting on the American Cancer Society website. They said it helps with kills cancer cells and is high in alkaline diet. Don’t know the reason but like I said the 3 round of Xeloda has been quite easy compared to the first 2 so if this helps even 1 other person out there then I am glad to help. Is there anyone who has been on Xeloda for more than a year? How are things going for you? I have been told i will be on. Xeloda for a very long time, most likely years.

Hello MB

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

best wishes

June, moderator

Hello MB, yes I was on Xeloda for 4 and a half years before it failed. My cycles were 2 weeks on and 1 week off. I only really had one side effect and that was painful cracked heels. There is a thread called ‘Xeloda/Capecitabine your top tips’ on the Treatment and Medical Issues forum under the ‘I have Secondary breast cancer’ part here. I’ve just bumped it up towards the top of the page there for you.

I do hope you get a long time with this chemo. I was diagnosed with bone mets in 2003 and have been fortunate to have had some long responses to a few of my treatments.

Belinda.

Hey mb
I am also new to the forums
I glad to hear your new medication is nt too bad I think sometimes the meds are yhe worst bit with all the side effects.

I estrogen and progesterone positive breast cancer which has spread to my liver.
I too have done research on food that may kill cancer cells and try to include them in my diet as well as excercise.

I think what have I gt to loose its gonna do good or nothing and its gonna do more good really.
Thanks for the recipe I try and experiments but the juices I make are nt the best tasting.

Hello mb
im glad you like the tadte fingers cross

Im sorry but im not on this medication but I read your post and wanted to respond about the diet part I hope you feel yourself too soon.

I was diagnosed with estrogen and progesterone positive breast cancer 31st dec 2012 but on the 4th feb 2013 I wad told it had spread to my liver I had docetaxel radiotherapy and on long term herceptin.

Sorry I couldnt be any help