Mummypig

Re: Breast clinic appointment and core biopsy, worried and anxious

Thank you! I'll keep everyone updated. So nervous at the moment xx
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Mummypig,

As Optimissy says.

What's happened is completely right. The clinics are thorough & I remember being told that they always make sure they get a definite diagnosis. 

From what's been said, bc would be unlikely, but if on the off chance it is, then the sooner it's dealt with the better, it's certainly not a death sentence. Treatment is excellent now, with many of us who have been through it, out the other side & back to life as normal. 

It is quite normal to feel anxious, we've all been there at some point, but it can help to keep yourself distracted & to carry on as normal, although easier said than done of course!

let us know how you get on

ann x

Optimissy64

Hi Mummypig

you are bound to be anxious - who wouldn't be- but it does sound like they are being very thorough just to be on the safe side, but they seem to think it is a cyst and they must have seen every variety of  breast condition under the sun and know what they look like. Many people post on here after their visit to the breast clinic to say they have a benign condition, not cancer. However, if by chance it is cancer be assured that there are many, many successful treatments for breast cancer, depending on which sort people have, and it is certainly not a death sentence! (All us ladies on here have had cancer and we're alive and kicking and here to reassure folk who are a little newer to the whole breast lump business.) Use this forum for support and let us know how you get on.xxxxxx

Mummypig

Breast clinic appointment and core biopsy, worried and anxious

After visiting my GP last week with a large moveable lump I had my appointment today at the breast clinic. I saw the consultant who had a poke and a prod and drew a circle around the 'golf ball size lump' I then had a mammogram followed by an ultrasound. The radiologist said 'oh that's a cyst but there's also a smaller one there too' she did a FNA and said 'yep, it's a cyst the fluid is straw coloured' also the other one too. She said just as a precaution she was going to do a core biopsy as behind the cyst was an area different shade which looked like breast tissue but wanted to 'fit the i's and cross the t's' just to be on the safe side. Went through for chat with consultant again who said it was more than likely fibrocystic breast changes but wanted to be sure and said they'd let me know the results as soon as they were available. I left the hospital perhaps more unsure than when I went in (all the staff were lovely). I feel as though I'm just prepared for the worst! My anxiety levels have gone through the roof and keep getting very teary. Just convinced I'm going to die. Any advice please?