cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast clinic

6 REPLIES 6
skinnyminx

Re: Breast clinic

My husband was with me throughout the various tests apart from the room where the mammogram was done (because of radiation exposure).  He was in the ultrasound room with me and when the core biopsy was taken and when we talked to the consultant and breast care nurse.

If you want him with you make sure you ask.  Unfortunately staff sometimes forget to ask or assume that the husband/partner/companion doesn't want to accompany the patient into the various rooms.

All the very best for your breast clinic appointment. 

Emma19

Thanks again keeks, it means a lot that you took the time to reply x

keeks

Hi Emma

good to hear you have some support, he won't be allowed in when you get the tests but will be allowed in the room when you're with the doctor, at least that's what happened when I was at the clinic.

I hope they can give you good news tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

Keeks

Emma19

thanks keeks. My husband is going with me. Although he is worried he is a good support

keeks

Hi emma19

So sorry to hear you are having this horrible wait, after just having gone through a really bad time at Christmas then this.  Most lumps are not cancer but until you know the waiting is just torture.

I hope you have someone to help you with the wait and go with you tomorrow.   Fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

take care

Keeks

Lucy_BCC

Hi Emma and welcome to the BCC forums where you will soon have the support you need from your fellow users

Please also feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000, lines are open during the week 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 and our team are here for you

Here's a link to the 'I am worried about breast cancer' area of the site where you will find a publication about what to expect at the breast clinic appointment :

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried

Take care
Lucy BCC

Emma19

Breast clinic

Hi, Im new here. I found a lump a week last saturday. My Gp refered me to a breast clinic tomorrow. I am recovering from a breakdown at christmas and have really struggled the last couple of days.  So worried how I will cope tonight and tomorrow