Breast expanding

I have had my expanders for 11 months after double mastectomy in Jan. Had all my fills with last one in Aug. Now all of a sudden my right side is bruised and very tender to the touch. Don’t k ow whats causing the pain but will see my dr on tue 6th of Dec. The pain woke me up from sleep. Anyone else experience this??

Hi Ladyblack806,

Sorry to hear you are in pain. I am sure some of our users will be along to show their support soon. 

Although you have had your appointment, feel free at any time to use our Ask the Nurse service or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000. They will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita 

Digital Community Assistant

Hopefully by now you will have seen your doctor and the issue will be sorted!
I had tissue expanders originally and right from the onset they didn’t suit me. They were swapped for silicone implants but they were a disaster also for me! Have just had DIEP!!! 3 years later nearly!
I had radiotherapy after my expanders were inflated which caused all my issues!
Have you still got the port in for inflating? I had 2 that hung down each side and felt like a stone in my side when I turned in bed!?
Hope all is well with you now!