Breast lump aged 27

Hello, I’m a 27 year old single mum to a six year old daughter, and a week ago I found a hard lump in my left boob. It is on the upper outer quadrant (I’ve been googling, can you tell?!) It isn’t painful, and it isn’t a distinct shape, more of a thickening of the tissue. It seems to extend right up to my nipple. I have no other symptoms except that in the last couple of days it has started to twinge every now and then when I haven’t got my bra on. I’ve also started to feel some twinges in my right boob but no lump in there that I can feel. I have a referral booked for Thursday. I’ve tried to prepare myself for the worst, I’ve found this forum very reassuring. Does this sound like something I should be worried about? X

I have had those same twinges you describe.  We have ducts that run through the breast to the nipple, and  hormones can trigger certain changes that feel like this.  You probably have nothing to worry about, but you should ask your doctor next time you go.

I just posted my story on this site, which you should check out, about how my lumps that i’ve had for four years have disappeared from vitamins.   B6 in particular.   B6 is responsible for moderating hormones, like estrogen and prolactin (the milk making hormone).

You can be low in B6 from certain medications, like birth control, allergy medications, anti-inflammatories, and more that I can’t remember.   And certain conditions can cause you to be low in all the b-vitamins.   

I only saw a change in my lumps after taking very high doses of b-vitamins and I also took kelp tablets for the iodine.   But this was a drastic improvement - no lumps after having them for four years.