Breast lump didn't show up in tests?

I have a lump at the edge of my breast armpit ,can feel it easily ,my doctor also felt it and referred me to breast clinic,
doctor at hospital also felt it,
went for mammogram and ultra sound and told nothing to be seen???
well it must be something even if its a cyst or lump of fat but to just be told cant see anything when the lump can be felt just doesn’t seem right
i am 44 years old and had breast implants about 15 years ago
shall I just accept well that’s it and ignore the lump
confused

Hi Ninja

I’m sorry to read that you’re having a pretty difficult time at the moment. I’m sure some of the other users will be along soon to offer you their support.

In the meantime it might help to talk this through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Don’t ignore it ask them to check it out. I only had a lump under my arm & not in my breast. It was breast cancer & in a very few cases that is how it appears. Most underarm lumps are harmless but it is better to get it checked. Hoping all is ok for you xx

Hi Nina,i had a lump under my armpit which you could feel,the doctors felt it too,( i was diagnosed with bc prior to this) but it didnt show up on scan so was considered harmless,if its cancerous it shows up on ultra sound apparently,so hopefully yours is nothing to worry about but do ask for further tests for reassurance
Di.x