Breast lump

Hello, I’m a 27 year old single mum to a six year old daughter, and a week ago I found a hard lump in my left boob. It is on the upper outer quadrant (I’ve been googling, can you tell?!) It isn’t painful, and it isn’t a distinct shape, more of a thickening of the tissue. It seems to extend right up to my nipple. I have no other symptoms except that in the last couple of days it has started to twinge every now and then when I haven’t got my bra on. I’ve also started to feel some twinges in my right boob but no lump in there that I can feel. I have a referral booked for Thursday. I’ve tried to prepare myself for the worst, I’ve found this forum very reassuring. Does this sound like something I should be worried about? X

hi eyelashwishes,
well done for getting it all checked out, chances are it will turn out to be nothing serious, but inevitably, the anxiety cannot be avoided. there is a time & place for google, but best to step away from it at the mo.
ann x

Yes I agree with that! I almost made myself sick last week with googling! At one point I was convinced that it was cancer, now I’m not so sure, I just really want to know now :frowning: