Breast pain after treatment

Ive been diagnosed with grade 3 tripple negative breast cancer. I’ve been treated with 8 chemo (fec d ) and 25 radiotherapy treatments. I’m currently very swollen and for the last 3 weeks I have had a lot of pain and discomfort in my breast. My treatment finished at the end of July. I’m concerned about this, but mindful that I don’t want to trouble my consultant as I think he thinks I’m a hypochondriaced! Is this normal? There is no other treatment available for me and I feel isolated. I’m due to go back in January for my next appointment but I feel as if I want to be checked every week as I’m going mad with worry! Can anyone else relate to this?
Thanks . Bev

Hi Bev19

It sounds like you’re having a tough time at the moment.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences you might find it helpful to talk things through with member of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator  

Thank you Sam, I will give them a call.
Bev