cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast pain and discharge

31 REPLIES 31
shelly79

Re: Breast pain and discharge

Thanks Kess, just so crazy really. I will ask more questions, I want s biopsy really to make sure nothing bad is going on in the ducts. Gp said to ask for one this time and ultrasound of whole breast not just nipple.x

Kess

sorry to hear you are still in pain and not seeing an improvement. I hope you will get your appt soon. Take a list of questions and someone with you to make sure you get all the answers you need. good luck!
shelly79

so here I am, still no change after infection tablets and tablets for stopping breast feeding to see if that worked, it didn't. so gp has re referred me back to breast clinic again:(
had abit of coloured discharge now and still painful. just wondered if anyone else had this and what happened? I would like them to ultrasound the whole breast this time not just the nipple.
I don't feel nervous just frustrated. thanks for listeningx

shelly79

Hi Kess,

I did have an ultrasound, they said no lumps, ducts are enlarged, I can have them removed but they want me to wait for a few months to see if it calms down.  Also spoke to Brest care nurse again yesterday as still in pain etc, I have some tablets from the Doctors incase there is an infection. So just confused really, but will have to take it they are right and what and see.  Just feel worried but they don't seem to be??

Kess

did you just have a mammo? if you stil have pain and discharge and itching then something is clearly not right.... Maybe call the helpline to get some advice but if you havent had ultrasound you should ask for one.
beck76

Glad you got the all clear. Frustrating when something is still not right though. I know that feeling as when I got given the all clear 2 weeks ago after mammogram and ultrasound I found myself still thinking why are my breasts like this then?? Just so confusing and upsetting isnt it x
H20

Hi Shelly, glad you got the all clear. I want to know what the pain is too, so frustrating!

shelly79

Hi,

Well got a call from Breast Clinic Friday, stating that the mammogram was clear no lumps, but I am to wait now to here from consultant, I am still in pain, I can't touch the nipple area so tender, it's getting me down now really. Don't get me wrong I am glad there was not lumps, but what is causing the pain, discharge and itching, I am going to call the clinic again today, to see if they can advise.

Just an update and feeling I need to get it out of my sytem thanks for listening as always.

shelly79

Hi kess, glad all is well with you, I go from feeling calm to worried. I called breast clinic today and left a message so hope to spenk to someone tomorrow. my left breast is really heavy, painful and is discharge:(( iit's my birthday tomorrow so hope fir good newsx

Kess

I am doing good thanks just had my 3 month check after finishing treatment and all is well right now. I remember last year the waiting though and although I didnt wait as long as you it was horrid. Hang in there you should get an answer soon.,
shelly79

I know, they said a couple of days 😞 just want to know whats going on, how are you?

Kess

do you know when that will be? seems to have been dragging on a bit.... 😞
shelly79

so had ultrasound, she said no lumps but ducts enlarged, have to wait to hear from consultant now.

shelly79

Thanks kess, hope so, but just want know now really. will update tomorrowx

Kess

hoping for good news for tomorrow.
shelly79

Hi kess, had mammogram got ultrasound Wednesday afternoon, hopefully know more than xx

Kess

Hi Shelly sorry missed this till today. Did you see someone? How did you get on?
shelly79

Hi, me again, why is it some days it just uncomfortable and others really painful and so itchy I could just tear at my breast? so got mammogram monday, if they do see anything will they speak to me then or wait for my ultrasound on Wednesday? Feeling so tired with stress of waiting but the support on here is do great as you know others are feeling thesame way and understand the feeling of being calm one minute and worried stupid the next. xx

Kess

sorry to hear that Shelley. At least it s not long to wait now....
H20

The waiting is so hard! My appointment is next tuesday, the doctors just called me so now im panicking thinking ''why have they called me and not wrote to me''

shelly79

Morning,

So another weekend of pain, and feeling very low today, was still await last night with pains took painkillers, but doesn't really help.  I have my appointment for scan a week today, I am feeling fed up with waiting now, sorry to moan people, but it's still discharge coming out, only spots but it's painful and is itchy at times, something feels wrong.

Hope anyone getting results today, it goes ok. Hugs to allxx

shelly79

Hi kess, got letter yesterday, mammogram booked for 2nd march and ultrasound 4th march so back to waiting but not long.

Kess

so sorry to hear you are still having delays it seems really poor. can you try getting your local PALS involved? or someone else to mediate on your behalf. Shelly I am particularly concerned given your symptoms. You really need to know where you stand. Did you get seen today?
Dani04

I'm the same shelly. I just want it all to be over with and know what's going on. I phoned ultrasound yesterday and they told me the first appointment they could offer me was the 2nd of March! My consultant said I wouldn't wait any longer than a few days. It's infuriating.
shelly79

So feeling very upset, called radiology today and told I would get appointment by end of week. I know not long but if my consultant appt would of been am not pm I wouldn't of had to wait. boob is painful and itchy, and feels swollen. rant over sorry.

Kess

Mine was done before I saw the screening doctor, but don't know if that was because my symptoms warranted it or if that was standard. I also had an early appt!
Mel66

So many people seem to have been told this today... I'd never heard of people being sent away and told to come back for their mammograms/scans before but I think you're about the third I've read on here today! How frustrating... and how annoying that the wait and the worry has to continue!

Keeping everything crossed for you. x
shelly79

Hi, had appointment consultant very good said yes something going on in left breast sent me for mammogram and wants ultrasound, however he said they can only do a number of mammogram in day and when I got there at 4pm no more possible now got to wait for one :(, just want to know whats going on? has anyone else had this? anway update when I know more thanks for supportx

shelly79

Hi Kess,

Thanks for the comment, only a couple of days now, I feel calm at times and worried at other times, but that's normal. 

I know everyone is different, but has anyone had the pain with the discharge/feels like when your breastfeeding like tingling (strange)?

it's just the waiting, that's stressing more than anything, as OH is away having to go to appointment on my own:( must be brave!

Will let you know whatever the outcome.

Kess

Hopefully it's nothing, but your symptoms warrant getting it checked especially with your history. Hope you get good news on Thursday. Try to keep busy and distract yourself as much as possible till then. Do let us know how it goes.
Janet_BCC

Hi shelly79

While you are waiting for some replies to your post you might also find it helpful to give our Helpline a call to talk things over.  They'll be able to offer you information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

shelly79

Breast pain and discharge

Hi,

I am 35 years old, and over the last month so have had a small amount of discharge from my left nipple, over the last week or so, it's also very itchy, went to GP and got referred to Breast Clinic 2 weeks ago, Hospital lost the fax and got fast tracked yesterday, with appointment next Thursday, feeling strange go from worried to calm.  I had a lump removed 10 years ago from Right boob, it was fine just a fatty lump.  I have lumpy boobs so I have been down this road 2 years ago and it was ok, but I am really worried this time.

I know everyone is different, but did anyone have this kind of issue?

This time I am worried, the boob feels strange, like when your breast feeding and it tangles and just feels odd. 

Sorry to bumble on, but don't like to worry family members to much.  Thanks for listeningxx