1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast pain, nipple change

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Breast pain, nipple change

Hi Baby, I'm terribly sorry you going through this, and just to echo what Ladybowler said, its best to make a GP's appointment and ask for a referral to a Breast Clinic. It might be hormonal but just to be safe get it checked out! And Please let us know how you get on, and Good luck Hun xx

Baby

Hell and welcome.  It might be worth making an appointment to see your GP to get it checked out, it could be anything, as you say it could be related to your pill or hormonal.

I kept getting pain in left breast and arm pit that gone and now started in my right breast aNd nipple in pain does go away if i take pain killers not sure if my pill doing it or too much hormones or in going through change i dint know

Hi Cheri

sorry to read you are having such a traumatic time.  If you have health cover ring them.  My GP assured me I didn't need to use my cover, Yet it took a week for my referral to arrive at the hospital.  I chased them myself and they said my appointment would arrive within the next 2 weeks.  I can't wait that long, I'm going insane and not sleeping.  I'm putting on a fake act for everyone around me and i just feel rotten inside.

my health company were fabulous as were the private hospital and I'm off tomorrow.

thinking of you. X 

If you have the option to go private then do it. It's much quicker and more convenient than sitting for hours in an nhs waiting room with a toddler! I do agree that nhs is brilliant where emergencies are concerned but if you can do private then definitely do it x

I did say to her that I have Private Health Insurance, but she told that this time she is writing a detailed referral on what needs to be done. And if im not satisfied or still feel uneasy I can have it done privately. Guess I just have to wait and see .. Xx

Hi Riversidedawn X

I did go back the GP and explained that I want a biopsy done of the thickening on my breast and I want further examination done on my Lymph Nodes .. To which she instantly agreed, and she is also sending me for a blood test to check my immune system, liver, kidneys and some other stuff.

My appointment is on Monday the 19 September, it is a bit of await but I'm keeping my self busy, have to organise my daughters 2nd Birthday party and hubby will be off a couple of days this week so I'm hopeing I'm won't be so fretful!

Thank you again Hun xx

Cheri lips if you have private insurance they should accept a self referral to see consultant and have mammogram - go and make a nuisance of yourself! X

Just wanted to add that I spoke to a friend whose mom had BC.. She told me they should off biopsied the thickening and scanned my lymph nodes under the arm.

Why didn't I think of that !! My mind was in such turmoil to be honest.,

Just an update..

Had my appointment yesterday at the Breast Clinic, saw a different consultant lovely lady examined me and felt a thickening on top of my left breast and sent me off for an ultrasound .. At that point I sobbed my heart out!

During the Ultrasound the Radiographer spoke to me and explained what she was doing. After a couple of minutes she said she can't find any lump or anything sinister! To which I mentioned about the thickening she went over that area again, nothing at all..

Off I went with my results to the consultant who said the thickening was hormonal changes and that its normal ??? Discharged

My breasts are twice the size they should be and just this morning I noticed that my nipple is sinking in and my areola has an indentation mark.. Burning nipple! And the pain is so intense.. When I lift my hands up my left breast areola sinks in..

I called the helpline this morning to find out what I should do.. Said I need to go back to the GP!!
3 GP's missed the thickening in my breast including a consultant! I honestly don't known what to do??

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Cheri,you must feel so frustrated and waiting is torture,hopefully they will resolve this properly this time .as Charys says if it is BC please remember must women survive this crappy disease now ,plenty of us alive and kicking after treatment and getting on with our lives on this site ,so please hold that thought .
Charys
Community Champion

Oh Cheri, you sound so distressed, I wish I could just magically make you feel better. Now look, I know the waiting even for a minute feels impossible at the moment, such is your misery, but I want to try and reassure you that a few more days of waiting won't make a difference physically. What I mean is that even IF this was the worst scenario and you have a form of BC, then it's not a fast progressing thing. The problem here is psychological, that is the tough bit as you are finding out sadly. The waiting is very painful emotionally, we know this as most of us on this forum have been there and felt it. You've also had the added weight of being told fybrocystic, then not, then maybe etc......

Ok, how to try and help you ? Well firstly you can call the helpline number at the top of the forum page. The ladies at the other end are very skilled at listening. Secondly, it may or may not help to calm you a bit to try and go with the 'so what if it is bc' approach. I'm not saying it is you understand, but you do know that if it is then this is very treatable. It's not a nice thing to even have to think about, and I hope your next examination finds something benign, hormonal or post birth/ infection/ mastitis related, but maybe you would feel calmer if you knew that there are thousands of us on here who have gone through or are going through treatment and have an excellent prognosis. 

Come me back on here and write your feelings down and we will try to help as best we can.

After noticing nipple change only I went back to the GP and she referred me back to the breast clinic for Thursday 1st September she was really concerned this time around.. And quite angry that I was dismissed with no examination .. She said I don't have Fybrocystic disease!!' And fast tracked me to breast clinic ..

My nipple seems to go flat not like the right one which is normal.. My left breast is bigger now and feels like lead!! Just heavy, dense mass !! Left nipple is gone abit wonky .. I'm really scared I mean the waiting is killing me and Thursday is so far away !
I mean if they just examined me properly the first time I wouldn't be so paranoid and worried .. Believe me I cry so much when I'm alone or when no ones at home!

I'm sorry to go on like this but I don't know how else to feel.. One minute I'm up and about the next I'm crying my eyes out! I can't be positive anymore! I'm putting on a brave face in front on everyone you know I'm miss happy!! I'm truely dying on the inside! My daughter got triple destinctions in college going to uni in a few weeks, my son starts his GCSE .. And my little surprise Babygirl will be 2 years old next month .. ( I know high age gap.. She was our surprise baby.. Beautiful surprise)

And I'm like this! Going through this mess .. I don't want to talk to my hubby or anyone else about all this, they all so happy and enjoying summer I don't want them to worry or be sad... Just wish Thursday would hurry up already

Thank you Jill and Jo xx

I was hoping for some sort of test to ease my mind, but seems like I have to wait till my next period for them to see me. I am disappointed cause right now I'm in limbo!

I'm trying not to think about anything or stress my self but I can't help it honestly.

Hiya, I'm sorry your having such a hard time getting yourself checked out, on the plus side you have had two checks today and neither of them came up with anything suspicious but I totally understand that you still feel uneasy, my niece has cystic breasts and hers are full of soft grape sized movable lumps, she's only 20 and had them first checked out when she was just 16 so wasn't sent for any tests but the DR assured us that's all they were, try not to get yourself too upset as it does sound as if everything is ok, you are clearly very vigilante and will be keeping a close eye on things, we are always here to talk to Xx Jo 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Kick up a fuss and say you won't be happy til you have had ultrasound /mammogram to reassure you,be a pain the a*** til they do .It is very probably nothing to worry about ,but the docs haven't got x ray vision ,they can't see inside your boob,until you have further tests they can't say for sure.Jill

Hi Jo I hope you are doing well today? I had a hectic morning, and thank you for replying.

So I went into the walk in surgery this morning and saw a doctor she examined and said that I have cystic breasts and my nipple to her looks normal! She could not believe that the consultant at the breast clinic did nothing she was shocked and apologised.. Saying its protocol to examine and do iether a ultra sound or mammogram anyway she gave me anti biotics for my breasts and then proceeded to tell me that I need to make another appointment with my GP or a doctor at my surgery I'm registered with for a referral... Why I do not know! By the way I was at my surgery!!

So I go to reception for an appointment with a doctor and luckily I got one for the afternoon.. He checked me up gave me a full examination and said Fbyrocystic disease! And that I have grape size soft movable lumps and nothing suspicious! He said my breasts were tender and warm nothing to worry about!!!! I begged to get referred and he refused saying they will just send me back! And that I needed to come back after I have my next menstrual cycle.. I explained I just one and the pain I get is not associated with my menstrual cycle again it fell on deaf ears .. He also felt for lumps under my arms he felt none! He also stated that he can feel the lump I'm talking about but its not suspicious!
I just wish I had done a mammogram or ultrasound to put my mind at ease.. I do have private health care so I called up to have one done through them and the lady explained that the doctor has to refer me if he finds something wrong .. What do I do now Jo?? I'm so confused. I just have to wait ?

Hiya love, It's ridiculous that they didn't do further tests while you were at the clinic, it's no wonder you are in such a state! Any breast changes need to be investigated and I'm amazed they sent you away like that, obviously something is going on that needs to be looked at so yes I would get back to your GP today and don't leave until you have another referal, you are entitled to be taken seriously, ladies your age and many years younger are being diagnosed with breast cancer so it astounds me that you were not thoroughly checked the first time! Please don't get yourself in such a state, it's likely to be nothing serious but if so then you will be ok as I am and many many other ladies here, let us know how you get on Xx Jo 

Breast pain, nipple change

Hi everyone, I'm writing this in utter numbness I'm 34 years old about 3 weeks ago I had terrible Breast discomfort that led up to my armpit on the left side, I did a self examination and found a lump, the next day I went to the GP who confirmed it and referred me to the Breast clinic. I had to wait for the appointment in that time I cried, and cried in fact all I did was cry. As days went on my breast swelled up and a mass formed under my armpit..
At my appointment the consultant felt around my breasts and said its normal the lumps where just tissue she said! The mass under my arm was fatty tissue! It didn't sit right with me I asked loads of questions which she answered! She sent me off home saying everything is ok! No tests were don't further to that!! The next day I got an unexpected irregular period 2 weeks early.. I'm thinking due to the stress and I lost loads of weight too. I went to the GP and told them I had an unexpected period he just said that if they said its ok then it's ok...
This morning the pain is back with a vengeance that my armpit and arm hurts so bad it's excruciating and on further prodding I noticed my nipple is larger and a bit out of shape and direction, I'm gutted there is no words to tell you how I feel! I keep looking at my kids and crying I can't eat or concentrate on anything. I have no family here or friends, my heart hurts I'm so alone dealing with this..

Couldn't she have sent me for a mammogram or ultrasound! Tomorrow I'm back to the GP for another referral I hope they send me for it..