Breast pain

Hi everyone I hope you are all well. Im a bit worried and not sure what to do. I had breast cancer 2 and a half years ago, 3 tumours removed, chemo and radio therapy. I had my ovaries removed two months ago which all went well. I am now experiencing pain in the same breast I had the cancer. Even though under my arm is nearly numb I can feel the pain there aswell. It feels like Iv been punched. I had a mammogram in June and all was fine. I don’t want to bother the doctors if Im worrying for nothing. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Paula xxxx

Hi Paula

Whilst you wait for the other forum users to reply with their experience and advice if you would like to talk things through with someone please don’t hesitate to give the BCC helpline a call. Here you can share your concerns with one of our trained members of staff who will offer you support and information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Hi Paula,

I notice noone has replied yet to your query. I have not got pain the the same breast - don’t have a breast there now ! but for the past few months I have started to get pains in my ‘good’ remaining breast. There are intermittent and seem to be in different areas. My oncologist has checked my breast and said there is nothing to worry about. Also went to the GP recently who couldn’t feel anything.

I am still worried about this as I am not on any anti oestrogens at the moment so am a bit worried like you.

Hopefully someone will post some good news about this!

Grace

did you have reconstruction?